PSR-600 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
I am having trouble receiving an 800 Mhz analog Motorola system. I am using the ARC500 control software.
I have selected up 800/900 Motorola system. I have found a setting for Decimal, hex, or Native. It was set for Native? (What is Native) anyway I changed the setting to Decimal and uploaded the file again and no difference. As the receiver scans I can see the S meter move to 4 bars every few seconds which I assume is the data channel. This would indicate my problem is in decoding the data? I would appreciate any guidence. Thanks.

mikey60

I am having trouble receiving an 800 Mhz analog Motorola system. I am using the ARC500 control software.
I have selected up 800/900 Motorola system. I have found a setting for Decimal, hex, or Native. It was set for Native? (What is Native) anyway I changed the setting to Decimal and uploaded the file again and no difference. As the receiver scans I can see the S meter move to 4 bars every few seconds which I assume is the data channel. This would indicate my problem is in decoding the data? I would appreciate any guidence. Thanks.

What system are you trying to monitor?

Native mode for Motorola systems would be in a decimal format anyway. Native/Decimal effects EDACS/LTR systems more...

Mike

mikey60

Genesee Co, New York

Ok, the database only shows one control channel. It's very unusual for a single site system like that one to only have one control channel in it.

My suggestion, if you haven't already done so, would be to enter in all of the frequencies into the TSYS object and see if that makes a difference...

Mike

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
I have all the Frequencies entered. I will do the opposite and remove all but the Control Channel.
Thanks I will let you know.

mikey60

I have all the Frequencies entered. I will do the opposite and remove all but the Control Channel.
Thanks I will let you know.

Do you hear the control channel on the frequency the DB is showing? I wouldn't necessarily remove them from the TSYS though.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a .bin file with that system in it to try (You can use the demo app that came with the scanner to load it into the radio).

Mike

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
What is interesting is when I removed all but the Control Channel and up loaded the file the radio went through a reboot and then wanted manual intervention. I then uploaded an EDACS file that works and the radio cleared. I have a hunch because the Control Channel was in the third frequency location maybe the radio had a problem with it. I then moved it to the first slot and the problem went away. I have since restored all the channels to the system.

I listened to the system and found data on 852.8125 as well although much weaker than the stated Control Channel. I am wondering if the second channel is causing a problem as I would say its not strong enough to decode. Unlikely, but I am wondering if the second CC is from another system or a secondary site.

I will PM you with my e-mail soon.

Thanks

Jan

mikey60

What is interesting is when I removed all but the Control Channel and up loaded the file the radio went through a reboot and then wanted manual intervention. I then uploaded an EDACS file that works and the radio cleared. I have a hunch because the Control Channel was in the third frequency location maybe the radio had a problem with it. I then moved it to the first slot and the problem went away. I have since restored all the channels to the system.

I listened to the system and found data on 852.8125 as well although much weaker than the stated Control Channel. I am wondering if the second channel is causing a problem as I would say its not strong enough to decode. Unlikely, but I am wondering if the second CC is from another system or a secondary site.

I will PM you with my e-mail soon.

Thanks

Jan

If it's a much weaker signal, then it's probably from another system somewhere else. That may have been the issue if it was strong enough for the scanner to hear and detect as a control channel. By default, the scanner will search for the first control channel it finds in the list and lock onto it. It won't leave that control channel unless it becomes totally unusuable...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.