PSR-600 Scanlist - Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Greetings all - I have a scan list on my PSR-600 that is just plain kludged up. I wish to remove the list, which is a conventional list and just do over. I do have the manual, about three inches thick. There has to be an easier way. I'm new to the scanner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Angelica

ScannerSK

Hi Angelica,

I would recommend using a computer program to update your scanner. Personally, I use Win500 (Win500 Website).

A computer program makes everything much easier! You can copy and paste all your channels to a spreadsheet and work with them and then when you are done put your new list into the scanner. Plus you can see all the settings for each channel at the same time on the computer screen. It really is worth using a computer program.

Shawn

SCPD

QRT
Conventional channels

Will this help you ? you have to do each conventional channel that is programed.

The CONV menu is used when editing Conventional objects. To create a Conventional object see Creating Objects.

To Edit an existing conventional object press PGM then press F2 (EDIT).
Press until CONV is over F3 then press F3.
Press or to select the Scan List where the object is located. Press or to locate the object in the list.
Press F2 (EDIT) then F2 (CURR). See also Finding Objects.
Use or to select each option below.

Menu changes do not take effect until the menu is saved-F1 (Save).
If you forget to save any changes, you will see 'Unsaved Changes! Go Back?'.
Press F1 (Yes) to go back or F3 (No) to exit without saving.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Welcome

Greetings all - I have a scan list on my PSR-600 that is just plain kludged up. I wish to remove the list, which is a conventional list and just do over. I do have the manual, about three inches thick. There has to be an easier way. I'm new to the scanner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Angelica

First of all, welcome to Radio Reference.

Here are some resources for you. Yes, the GRE manuals can be difficult to understand. Each & every time I've attempted to manually program my PSR 500, I have messed things up.

Hence, I use Win500 to program my radio. With Win500, you can view conventional frequencies & trunking systems with their associated talk groups (channels) in one visual field instead of a small LCD screen on the radio.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Here is an excellent visualization of Win500. WIN500 - UtahRadio

Let me know if you need more help after you review the material.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Re: PSR 600 Scanner

Hi, and thank you for all the responses! :)

To clarify I have been using ARC 500 Pro to program this scanner.

Secondly I reset the scanner to factory defaults until I have it operating correctly.

Third, I uploaded a file of six channels from RR through the ARC program to the scanner as a CONV file to scan list 1. I include just two lines that were uploaded for your reference.

155.160000 CTCSS 162.2 On Solid 0 None AUTO On 20 0 0
155.295000 CTCSS 186.2 Solid 0 None AUTO On 20 0 1

four, scan list 1 is enabled all the others are DISABLED. Once this list is functioning correctly I will move on to trunking. After upload the display said 'done' and the scanner reset itself.

Five, according to the manual all I should have to do is push 'scan' and off we go. NOPE! I get "Nothing enabled!". The number one is flashing on the left side of the screen, on the right PRI in upper case is displayed as that is enabled.

What have I missed?

Angelica

SCPD

QRT
Angelica231 : If the # 1 is flashing, push the ( SEL ) button , see if that will enable the # 1

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Re: PSR 600 "Nothing Enabled"

Again I thank all of you for your help. I did read the suggestions that were offered. So I wiped the scanner lists clean ans started with a clean slate. I spent a good part of yesterday trying to get the conv list to scan with no luck. On a hunch, I downloaded Win500 and uploaded the same file as yesterday. I pushed the scan button and expected to see "Nothing Enabled" BUT it started to scan and within microseconds I was listing in on all sorts of things. ???

Taking another leap which is hard to do in stiletto's btw; I downloaded all the talk groups/objects for my county and placed them in scan list two. Since 2.30pm this afternoon I have been listening to all sorts of goings on in my county. I have no idea what I did or didn't do.

The signal strength is excellent producing five bars all day long. I am using a Rad Shack multiband ground plane fed with RG6 CATV coax.

Question? Why does the received audio have a picket fence/watery sound to it on occasion? It gets to the point that it is unintelligable.

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger "I'll be back"

Thank you all again for your help!

Angelica

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Mapping

Again I thank all of you for your help. I did read the suggestions that were offered. So I wiped the scanner lists clean ans started with a clean slate. I spent a good part of yesterday trying to get the conv list to scan with no luck. On a hunch, I downloaded Win500 and uploaded the same file as yesterday. I pushed the scan button and expected to see "Nothing Enabled" BUT it started to scan and within microseconds I was listing in on all sorts of things. ???

Taking another leap which is hard to do in stiletto's btw; I downloaded all the talk groups/objects for my county and placed them in scan list two. Since 2.30pm this afternoon I have been listening to all sorts of goings on in my county. I have no idea what I did or didn't do.

The signal strength is excellent producing five bars all day long. I am using a Rad Shack multiband ground plane fed with RG6 CATV coax.

Question? Why does the received audio have a picket fence/watery sound to it on occasion? It gets to the point that it is unintelligable.

Angelica

When you successfully download a TSYS (trunking system) with corresponding talk groups (channels), you should be able to see both in the same screen using WIn500.

If you load multiple trunking systems, you click on the trunking system you are wanting to review (top). Then, you should see the talk groups associated with it (bottom).

If you include your county and/or the system you are hearing that picket fence/watery sound, I can tell you what you are hearing.

Example. Many listeners misconstrue the sound of a poorly received digital signal for encryption. They possess some similarities in sound.

If you are listening to a P25 signal, yes, there is a watery sound at times depending on the environmental variables.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
PM There, Not There

Angelica

After you've programmed your radio with Win500, you can see which scan lists are employed by going to the "General Settings" page to look at which scan lists are in the default list on the far left side of the page. If you click on the ones you want to hear, you will hear them once your radio is turned on. You should press the corresponding key when you want to "enable" the scan list while in scanning mode. You enable such by just picking out a number you want.

I see where you sent me a PM, but it said you were not accepting them. So, this is the only way I knew to answer back. Oh, and 10-4 on the stilettos. Texas women use these as murder weapons & I am not kidding. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.