PSR 600 V Folder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
My 600 is being shipped and will have it next week, in the mean time, I'M using The Buel Software and have all my scan list complete.

#1 when creating a V Folder can I save just (1 Scan-list) to (1 V Folder) ????.... Yes /No

# 2 When building a Mot Type 2 site and it's a splinter system....... there's no option for this ?????? unlike the 996XT or does the scanner / software knows it's a splinter system by default.

RKG

#1: a "V-Folder" (hate that name) is a mirror of the full "working memory" of the radio. It stores whatever is programmed in the radio.

#2: Splinter channel plan: Open "Trunking Tables" and in "Standard Band Plans" dropdown you should find a choice for "800 MHz Splinter."

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
Thanks found the splinter option , now if I load a V folder could I delete some scan-list so there is only 1 scanlist in that V folder.

Thanks Robert

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
YES, you can "delete" any folder and re-program in it what ever you like...I deleted a V-Folder and just programmed in my "local" city, county, and few small towns...This is a great feature on GRE/RS products...Just remember to "SAVE" "00" Workpad so its not lost or better yet "Stor" it into one of the "Folders" you don't need and then re- "Load" "00" back into itself and you always have a duplicate of your Workpad-"00" in one of the V-Folders.......

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
thanks for your help , I understand the V folders now, I own the 996XT 396XT 15XT and the quick keys are a little different than the V Folders, But it's a very nice scanner, my only complaint is the small display screen, now I got to get the 500 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.