PSR 600 Wildcard Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmisk

Does anyone know if there are any wildcard variables that will work with the PSR 600?
I have tried many different variations but nothing works except the basic wildcard for an entire system, which isn't much use when the system is very large. In this case an EDACS system with 15 repeaters and hundreds of talk groups.

It would be very nice if one could isolate a particular talk group, for example- 02.* or 10.* etc.

It would certainly make the programming much simpler.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

ScannerSK

TGRP Ignore

Hi Mike,

As far as I am aware there is only the basic wildcard for the entire system to locate new talk groups automatically.

Do you use TGRP Ignore (set to yes)? This prevents a wildcard from appearing (while scanning) if the TGRP is already programmed into the system.

I have close to 800 TGRP's programmed in for our local system on the PSR-600 and the wildcard rarely if ever locates a new TGRP these days. I have one scan list for unimportant talkgroups and another scan list for non-local talkgroups so that all wildcards get stored into a scanlist which prevents me from getting wildcard notifications except on new, unidentified talkgroups.

Shawn

mmisk

Shawn,
Thanks for your reply,

That is a good suggestion using TGRP ignore, I will start using it to help with logging etc.

I was looking for an easy way to quickly monitor all users of a particular talk group for example all 03 users only.

I think that organizing my scan lists like you have will be very helpful.

I am very impressed with the PSR 600. I also have a 396T and a few older non trunking scanners.

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Shawn,
Thanks for your reply,

That is a good suggestion using TGRP ignore, I will start using it to help with logging etc.

I was looking for an easy way to quickly monitor all users of a particular talk group for example all 03 users only.

I think that organizing my scan lists like you have will be very helpful.

I am very impressed with the PSR 600. I also have a 396T and a few older non trunking scanners.

Mike
You can do the "03" (or 02, 05, whatever) 'wildcard' setting on the Uniden scanners such as the 396T, but not on the GRE's. (At least I haven't heard of a trick for that either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.