Psr-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Does anyone in the Wisc group own a GRE PSR-600? Would be interested in hearing your review specifically if you also are or have been a Uniden owner. I'm leaning towards selling a couple of my older rigs and getting one of these specifically because the current firmware is already 800 MHz reband capable. Uniden doesn't seem to be getting the ball rolling on any rebanding upgrades and rumor is they won't be until they release some new models next year. I see some very nice features in this rig however I would REALLY miss the GPS scanning feature of the BCD996 if I used one mobile so I may just use a GRE at home.. Any opinions?

Sheboygan County will be rebanded by November of this year with a number of the remaining area systems being done early to mid 2009.

JGP

Bcd996t/psr-600

Hi Mike,

I have both the 996 and the 600. I have to say that I use the 600 more than the 996, but don't sell your 996 because each scanner does things that the other doesn't. The 600 scans faster, does better with UHF and VHF and 800. To me, with the last Uniden update, the digital sounds the same to my ears as on the 600.

Going from a 996 to a 600 is like going from a bank scanner to a 996. Both have a learning curve and many things to remember.

Some people in large cities say they get front-end overload with the 600. I have no problem with this, and the 600 works well in my area near Milwaukee. The 600 has a better speaker than the 996, and the display is easy to read being smaller than the 996's display. There is no need to buy a speaker for the 600.

There are pros and cons for the memory management systems for the two scanners, but I like both the same. WE have nothing like they have in Illinois. So it is no problem for us.

I think you will be happy with a 600 if you decide to get one.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.