psr 600c? the digital one

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
hi there, does anyone know if this has an internal fuse? I dropped it about 6" on to a table top and now if does not work, tried the powersupply on another gre and it works so i know it's not a power problem

cheers

SCPD

QRT
gre

hi, i have not opened it up yet, i wouldn't think a board would break from just a 6" drop. I was hoping that perhaps there would be a fuse inside that may have popped loose or broke?

I am not sure the display is damaged, but when i power up the backlighting on the keys does not come on so perhaps the screen is still fine?

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
No fuse in the PSR 600 .. The front panel has a flat printed circuit cable to the main board check that cable and all the other cables that are pluged in.

SCPD

QRT
pcr600

hi, I checked everything, for burnt, broken, loose components and cables, ribbon cables , cracked boards. loose solder connections and i see nothing, and the keypad backlights don't even come on = so i dont think it would be a display screen issue either.

i think it may have to go to the shop, not sure who or where and if they do estimates as well?

cheers, It is cold out and starting to snow, well there goes summer, I was hoping it would stay forever

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
Look at the tabs in the battery compartment that make contact with the battery pack...betcha one is ever-so-slightly bent out of shape. Kinda like my ex-wife.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Look at the tabs in the battery compartment that make contact with the battery pack...betcha one is ever-so-slightly bent out of shape. Kinda like my ex-wife.

The PSR600 does not use batteries.

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
Oops! Sorry...I had 500 on the brain. I guess "dropping" through me for a loop and made me think portable.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wow, somebody's hard on their gear,lol! Unless you're using a milspec radio, these scanners are only built to class 2 smt standards which means you will have chip caps and resistors which may only be soldered 50% on the pads. Class 3 boards are soldered to a much higher standard - fyi. ;)

n9zas

SCPD

QRT
psr600c

it gently slipped out of my hand and fell 5" on to a table top, my gosh are these things that delicate?

mancow

Database Admin
One of mine fell off the jeep seat and tumbled across the drive. It still works great.

SCPD

QRT
psr600c

maybe i should have slapped it around a little bit before i picked it up off the table

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
it gently slipped out of my hand and fell 5" on to a table top, my gosh are these things that delicate?

It depends on how well the solder paste was applied before the pcb went in the oven, and if all the smt components placed well and reached reflow temp before coming out.
At class 2 specs, it's a crap shoot with any consumer electronics. :wink:

n9zas

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
Considering those specs, I'm surprised my mobile 600 hasn't come completely unglued as it is DIN mounted in the dash of a very "bouncy" Freightliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.