PSR-700 FCC approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
The new Ezscan model PSR-700 has FCC approval.
Production will be starting soon I have been told, no street date yet.
We have price posted this price might change somewhat( wont be higher I am told)

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting. They better lower the price if it has the same features as the RadioShack PRO-107, so it will sell well through the dealers. Anything new beyond a rubberized case? It looked black in the pictures.

Let's see if it shows up at the Dayton Hamfest.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. They better lower the price if it has the same features as the RadioShack PRO-107, so it will sell well through the dealers. Anything new beyond a rubberized case? It looked black in the pictures.

Let's see if it shows up at the Dayton Hamfest.

. The EZ Scan is much simper to operate then vs RS iScan, more memory Scanlist
and as well as has a V-Folder capabilities.

Gre is working on having SOME at DAYTON we shall see.

Analog? Or Analog & Digital

Does this scanner pick up Analog ONLY or Analog and Digital. I need both, in my area of the country.

petrol88

I cannot find any evidence of a FCC approval for this on the FCC's web site. The only item GRE has gotten FCC for this year is a desktop scanner.

SOFA_KING

Looks like it is only analogue.

Analog only? Well that makes it almost useless in my neck of the woods.

That's ok. I'll pass. I'm not a big fan of the "EZ-scanner/i-Scan" type of thing. Too much is missing to be anywhere near complete for my scanning needs. "EZ-scanners" are for "LAY-ZEE" people, if you ask me. They deserve to miss out on "the good stuff" that is not going to be programmed in.

There is no better scanning experience than when you know you have EVERYTHING, and are missing NOTHING. No EZ-anything is going to include some of the best hidden channels with the best action on them. Search hounds know what I mean. There is allot to be desired.

Does anybody have a link to to what the RS iSCAN version of the EZ SAN PSRr 700 will look like?

Also what software will you need to buy or will it come with both models of Radio Scanners so you can program the SD card with frequencies / talk groups, that you might want to add or subtract?

Also will this be an SD card reader Radio Scanner ONLY or SD / SDHC card reader Radio Scanner?

Nice to see that they are going to make a Digital / Analog model soon.

Also if they do make a Digital / Analog model of both the GRE and RS brands will it be able to be programmed on an XP computer or will you need Vista or Windows 7?

Last edited by a moderator:

That's ok. I'll pass. I'm not a big fan of the "EZ-scanner/i-Scan" type of thing. Too much is missing to be anywhere near complete for my scanning needs. "EZ-scanners" are for "LAY-ZEE" people, if you ask me. They deserve to miss out on "the good stuff" that is not going to be programmed in.

There is no better scanning experience than when you know you have EVERYTHING, and are missing NOTHING. No EZ-anything is going to include some of the best hidden channels with the best action on them. Search hounds know what I mean. There is allot to be desired.

yeah,,id agree,,why would you make a -New- scanner thats not even digi capable..
there are still plenty of analog receivers out there,,we need more to chose from
in the arena of the digital realm..

ill pass unless its severely marked down,,maybe 89-99 USD..its still just a pretty
analog receiver..the matted black that is,,

KE4RWS

New model: "LAY-ZEE/i-Scan"

That's funny . . . I like that. The all new "LAY-ZEE" Scanner!!

Randy

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
GRE says and that is them saying analog scanner sales are stronger than digital.
For me that sure isnt the case.

yeah,,id agree,,why would you make a -New- scanner thats not even digi capable..
there are still plenty of analog receivers out there,,we need more to chose from
in the arena of the digital realm..

ill pass unless its severely marked down,,maybe 89-99 USD..its still just a pretty
analog receiver..the matted black that is,,

petrol88

And I still find nothing on FCC web site. Where did you find:
PSR-700 FCC Approved

on their site? Are they using a different company name for this model? New FCC Grantee Code?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Per GRE AMERICA on type acceptance I was told this and I quote
"Its same ID as RS 107 as architecture is same".

And I still find nothing on FCC web site. Where did you find:

on their site? Are they using a different company name for this model? New FCC Grantee Code?

Heres one link. GRE PSR-700 Scanner Radio Receiver, PSR700

The GRE PSR-700 EZ Scan-HD is a new approach to scanner listening. This radio solves the problem of increasingly complicated scanner programming. The PSR-700 combines the simplicity and a familiarity of a portable media player with the power and sophistication of a state-of-the-art scanning receiver. It provides unprecedented ease of use, especially for the beginner. The PSR-700 includes a 2GB SD card with a special on-board library containing the entire USA database for all known analog trunking systems and many conventional frequencies. So no matter where you are in the USA, you can easily and instantly access the analog trunking systems and conventional frequencies of interest.

Features of this radio include:
Simple menu driven user interface.
Preloaded 2GB SD card included.
Easy updating via Internet
Powerful EZ Scan-HD PC Software
Compact, modern case design
Multi-system analog trunking (Motorola, EDACS and LTR)
CTCSS and DCS subaudible decoder
SAME Weather Alerts
User upgradable CPU firmware
Spectrum Sweeper

Heres a listing for the price and another link.

http://hamstation.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3183 Shows $229.00 as the listing price for the PSR-700

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.