PSR-800 and Anne Arundel County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckWal

Premium Subscriber
I just bought and programmed a GRE PSR-800 scanner. When I am scanning AA County I notice a very brief pause in the transmissions. I also noticed that the signal meter drops when the pause occurs. It is only a very momentery drop but is kind of annoying. I must have some setting wrong.

Has anybody noticed this issue with the 800.

I live in Northern AA County down the sreet from Northern District and have not had this issue with my 500 or 396.

Thanks

Chuck

troymail

Silent Key
I just bought and programmed a GRE PSR-800 scanner. When I am scanning AA County I notice a very brief pause in the transmissions. I also noticed that the signal meter drops when the pause occurs. It is only a very momentery drop but is kind of annoying. I must have some setting wrong.

Has anybody noticed this issue with the 800.

I live in Northern AA County down the sreet from Northern District and have not had this issue with my 500 or 396.

Thanks

Chuck

Check the PRIORITY settings -- when priority is active, the audio, etc. drops out every dew seconds

ChuckWal

Premium Subscriber
Troy

Thanks a lot, that did the trick.

For some reason I had the priority set on the weather frequency. I toggled it off and now it works great.

How do you like your PSR-800? Do you get anything on Baltimore City? What general area do you live in?

Thanks again.

troymail

Silent Key
Troy

Thanks a lot, that did the trick.

For some reason I had the priority set on the weather frequency. I toggled it off and now it works great.

How do you like your PSR-800? Do you get anything on Baltimore City? What general area do you live in?

Thanks again.

The 800 took some getting used to because it's designed to insulate the user from alot of things like programming and other options but once you get used to it, it's great. My PSR500 and my Unidens are pretty stationary and/or hardly used now. The ability to program "on the fly" is awesome particularly when you travel... but even at home if there is something you want to listen to on short notice.

None of my radios pick up Baltimore City anymore since they did the swtich over to the new system. It works pretty good when in the city but once out of the city, forget it. The bad news is I'm hearing that all new Motorola systems will be like that -- not good if that's true.

I'm just north of Odenton.

Status
Not open for further replies.