PSR 800 and Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about programming the 800 with fleetnet. If I program the 800 the same way my 500 is programmed, which is all sites I am able to receive as a single system, it works perfect. If I try this with the 800 it seems to always lock on to the Brant tower, as this is the strongest signal being only a couple of km from my location. It has been suggested that I enter each tower site as a new system with all talkgroups. This seems a bit redundant. I would love to hear from any 800 users as to how they have Fleetnet programmed.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-800 has ROAM mode only... which holds onto the STRONGEST tower (as your finding)

The 500/600 had ROAM or STAT (scan all towers in range with activity)

The STAT is NOT an option on the 800, apparently rumour is GRE claimed it would be too much to have STAT on soem huge US towers.

So your stuck with the ROAM (1 tower)... unless you divide each tower into a SCANLIST.. and then run a SCANSET that turns on all those towers that you want to hear.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
user friendly for programming out of the box yes (no software needed)
but not user friendly to turn on or off scanlists (esp on the fly) and some other things.

I know they wanted it to look like an ipod but add a full keypad to it!

VE3JSO

user friendly for programming out of the box yes (no software needed)
but not user friendly to turn on or off scanlists (esp on the fly) and some other things.

I know they wanted it to look like an ipod but add a full keypad to it!

The no keypad is one of the main reason why I won't buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.