PSR-800 as Decode for Pro96Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

I have had no luck setting this up. I have created the bogus TG to keep it from locking on to a voice frequency. I have set the IF out to headphone jack. My question is what interface should be used to connect to the PC? I have tried the USB/Serial adapter that works with my PSR-600. No matter how I set Com ports or anything else, I cant get any data into Pro96Com. Maby I missed a setting in EZscan.

Chuck

SCPD

QRT
You have to use the USB cable that came with the radio. Oddly enough, the cable uses the same micro (or mini) USB connector as the HP-1. Choose the same serial port as configured in EZScan. Make sure EZScan isn't running at the same time. You may need to turn on CC Dump in EZScan and upload that to the radio.

cpetraglia

So your saying the data comes from the USB port on the radio, not the head phone jack. Will the USB cable still power the radio while using it for decode? I saw no place in EZ scan to set a com port. I will look again.

Chuck

W3DMV

Yes, the data will come from the USB cable, and it will also power the scanner
at the same time
Close EZ scan. I has nothing to do with what your trying to do. Open Pro96 com and
click on "Edit", and then click on "Decode Configuration" where you will find all the set-up
info.

cpetraglia

A quick follow up. After using Pro96Com with the 800, I get way less decode rate. My 600 runs a constant 95-105% where the 800 is dipping into the 20% range and going all over the place. All radios connected to the same antenna through a muticoupler. I have switched back the way it was.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.