PSR-800 Automatic On/Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve888

Hello:

Is there a way to set a time for your PSR-800 to turn off and on automatically? I thought I remember reading somewhere in the user's manual where you could program it to turn on and off at specific times but I can't find it now in the manual and a web/forum search isn't producing any results.

Thanks for any assistance!

SCPD

QRT
It appears they didn't include this option in the EZ-Scan software. On the PSR-800 scanner itself, go to the settings and find "Auto Power On" and check the option. Then set the time. This is below advanced settings and is actually faster if you scroll up instead of down because it is at the bottom of the list. I don't see an auto power off, so you should use this feature with caution as if the scanner isn't plugged in it could possibly drain your batteries. I don't know if it turns the option off or not so this could happen on a daily basis until turned off.

steve888

Thanks a Lot!

It appears they didn't include this option in the EZ-Scan software. On the PSR-800 scanner itself, go to the settings and find "Auto Power On" and check the option. Then set the time. This is below advanced settings and is actually faster if you scroll up instead of down because it is at the bottom of the list. I don't see an auto power off, so you should use this feature with caution as if the scanner isn't plugged in it could possibly drain your batteries. I don't know if it turns the option off or not so this could happen on a daily basis until turned off.

Thanks very much for the info. It's strange that they would have an "auto power on" feature but not a feature to turn it off automatically.

Can you damage the batteries if you let them drain completely?

Thanks again very much for your assistance!

troymail

Silent Key
The radio is designed to gracefully shut down upon detection of low battery levels.

Be more concerned about ensuring to power down before applying or removing external power, etc.

The batteries will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.