PSR-800 battery alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Same thing I've read too. I was shocked at your times. I started getting into the habit of just using a power cable. I'm refreshing 4 older Eneloops 2000mAh and 4 Imedion 2400mAh in my PowerX C801D charger and 4 Imedion 2400mAh in my PowerX C9000 charger. I'll see what happens.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

None made any difference. I even bought a set of 4 new black Eneloops with no difference. Ohh well.

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I just upgraded my '800 to the newest firmware, and noticed a big change in the operation of the battery icon.

After installing a freshly charged set of NiMh cells, the battery icon started to drop after the scanner had been running for only 10 minutes! It continued to drop steadily, taking several hours, until the battery icon was just an outline. This is the first time I have seen the battery icon down this low. The scanner continued to run several hours after the battery icon indicated empty. This is in contrast to the way the icon was prior to the firmware update. Prior to the upgrade, the icon would remain full for a couple of hours, then slowly drop, and the scanner would cut off with the battery icon still displaying about 1/8 full.

I have changed the battery voltage settings as others here have suggested. From the default 4.95 volts at 14 bars to 4.85 volts; and from 4.33 volts for the alert to 4.1 volts. I changed the "in-between" settings each down a bit also. The icon battery indicator seems to be operating more smoothly and accurately (so far!)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
None made any difference. I even bought a set of 4 new black Eneloops with no difference. Ohh well.

Well, today I ran it about 8 hours and about 1-2 hours last night in the same set if Eneloops. The battery icon levels were way off, but at least it has been lasting a lot longer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.