12 bars - 4.59
10 bars - 4.42
08 bars - 4.35
06 bars - 4.25
04 bars - 4.20
02 bars - 4.18
00 bars - 4.10
Alarm - 4.08

However, I used to get the audible alert before all the bars fade.....I have to keep an eye on it now n see

Tracker

So far looks like the same thing, am gettin the audible alert as soon as 1 bar drops........tomorrow I'll try a fresh set of 2700 mah of the charger rechargables

kruser

Premium Subscriber
So far looks like the same thing, am gettin the audible alert as soon as 1 bar drops........tomorrow I'll try a fresh set of 2700 mah of the charger rechargables

Look in the scanners menu and make sure NiMH is selected as the battery type. And in the software, the new values you set should be set under the NiMH column.

Of course you could have a bad cell so the new set of batts should fix that!

Good luck.

Tracker

Look in the scanners menu and make sure NiMH is selected as the battery type. And in the software, the new values you set should be set under the NiMH column.

Of course you could have a bad cell so the new set of batts should fix that!

Good luck.

On the scanner, do you mean the little switch in the battery box? If so, then yes it is set to NiHM
I have a La Crosse charger n it would identifying bad cell...
The values were changed under NiHm on EsScan.....

kruser

Premium Subscriber
On the scanner, do you mean the little switch in the battery box? If so, then yes it is set to NiHM
I have a La Crosse charger n it would identifying bad cell...
The values were changed under NiHm on EsScan.....

Sorry, I did mean the switch in the battery compartment. My mind was on another radio that has the same setting in its menu structure:lol:

So, your LaCrosse charger did show a bad cell?
That would cause what you saw.
Did you get the new cells yet and if so, how are they working? That's if you have had time to charge them of course.

Tracker

Sorry, I did mean the switch in the battery compartment. My mind was on another radio that has the same setting in its menu structure:lol:

So, your LaCrosse charger did show a bad cell?
That would cause what you saw.
Did you get the new cells yet and if so, how are they working? That's if you have had time to charge them of course.

No, I meant that if I had a bad cell, the charger would have found it....I had something I needed to get done, so I put the other set of batteries in the charger in the late afternoon today, n am waiting till they are charged up

Last edited:

Tracker

Just installed the fresh off the charger batteries n almost instantly am getting the alert tone...?
Now am starting to wonder if this alert tone is for something else?
It's a quick hi/low hi/low hi/low n it's speratic.......bout every minute or two n sometimes longer
A few times it's done it back to back ....wth?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just installed the fresh off the charger batteries n almost instantly am getting the alert tone...?
Now am starting to wonder if this alert tone is for something else?
It's a quick hi/low hi/low hi/low n it's speratic.......bout every minute or two n sometimes longer
A few times it's done it back to back ....wth?

Ha! I'm at a loss here as I've never set any alert tones but it does sound like you have set some on some talkgroups or systems.
I'm not sure but I think there is setting in EZ Scan software under the General Settings tab that allows you to turn the alerts off or set how they work on a global level.
May be worth looking there.
I'd also imagine each system or channel/talkgroup within a system can also be set too alert on reception. I'm not sure if the ez scan setting overides that but I think it does.
You may need to use ez scan and go through each of your scanlists and look for the alert setting. I thinik you may have to look in the Scanlists, Conventional Frequencies and Trunked Radio Systems tab. It looks like each tab has an alert option that can be set per channel or frequency or talkgroup or scanlist.
I would think it would only sound the alert on only the systems you enabled it so watch the display and take note of what is talking when you also hear the alert. That shoul help you find it in ezscan. Unless you somehow enabled alerts on everything:)
Make sure your squelch knob is set high enough so the radio is not thinking it is receiving a signal.
Another option would be to reset everything back to defaults and then start over by adding your systems back in while making sure you do not set some global alert at the same time.
If you do not have a ton of systems, I'd just go through them all in ezscan and turn the alert off for each one you find.

Good luck on this one!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Powerex is the brand, 2700 is the model for their AA rechargeable cells. You can find them in many mail-order places, and BatteriesPlus carries them.

Tracker

I just went through my scanlist's n found that some channels had the "skip" feature enabled........ not sure how, why, or even what havin that enabled does, but could this be the cause of my audible alerts?

Btw, the fresh off the charger set of Tenergy 2500 mah AA's had been on for 5 hours n it shows like
2 or 3 bars down! I haven't heard any alerts in a like n hour.........weird

Tracker

Update, I removed the "skip" n I've been scanning for like n hour now n NO alerts so far.......
I went in n added the backlight On feature on all channels of scanlists 2 n 1 n my battery is at halfway goin on 7 hours now

Status
Not open for further replies.