PSR-800 - Control Channel Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashhh

Hi all,
I'm new to RR but have been reading some great posts and I am confident that you guys will be able to help me with my issue.

I am quite new to scanners so please remember that when reading this!

When I bought my scanner I created scanlists for the Regional Police departments in my area which are primarily: Toronto, York, and Peel Police.

At first, I picked up Toronto and York flawlessly. After a few weeks I stopped receiving any transmissions from York ( I am quite far from York and was surprised to hear it in the first place). Peel, I never heard, and I assume they use encrypted radios.

After searching on RR for reasons why I all of a sudden lost York, I read that they change their Control Channel on a daily basis. After speaking to a co-worker, he basically explained to me that the problem could be that my scanner has a weaker CC programed as the main CC and I need to change it to start receiving transmissions again.

Can anyone help me:
a) change the CC, I can't seem to find any information as to how I can view / edit them
b) provide me with some insight as to anyhting else I may or may not be doing?

Thanks and please forgive any newbness.

W2PMX

The scanner has a place to enter the control channels. You don't say which particular system you're trying to hear (York has a few trunked systems), but if you put in all the channels, control and voice (red, blue and black), the scanner will find the one being used as a control channel at any given time.

If you post the system and the scanner make and model, I'm sure someone can give you more detailed information. For the York RCMP Central Region system, unless you're using a scanner capable of multi-site entries, you'll want to program a separate system for each site you want to monitor (probably 16, 17, 23 and 24 if you're in Toronto). Just program all frequencies for the site in its system..

edbux

PSR 800 Control Channel

I'm having the same problem with the CC. Please help

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Use EZ scan software, or import the systems by hand...

Where are you located?

peel is NOT encrypted, York Police/Fire uses only 1 working control channel at a time (out of a possible of 4 listed control channels).. there is no weaker or stronger control channel (like Toronto or fleetnet). There COULD be however if you only put 1 control channel in and they switched to another of the possible channels thats very possible.

BUT your saying your far away from York and Peel, which could also be why you cant hear them. I get static on York even in York region on my 800. Toronto I get without an antenna in Toronto.

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
to program by hand...

menu - browse library then canada - ontario - york - then York region (trunk system) select the site (york is easy only 1 site anyway) .. be sure its checked off

Then go back arrow to select the talkgroups you want on.

Then go back back back back back till you see the option to select the scanlists to add it too (scanlist 9 lets say.. something thats not in use now).

thats going off memory the actual procedure may differ a step or two

edbux

PSR 800 Control Channel

Thanks I'll give it a try.....

I'm in Virginia Beach Va

Status
Not open for further replies.