PSR-800 CPU/Software Update 1.6 (07-25-12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Does anyone else listen to X2-TDMA systems?

It could be just a coincidence but I just updated my PSR800 to the latest firmware and X2-TDMA audio decode sounds terrible.

It usually was rather hard to hear but it sounds worse after the upgrade.

It used to be that I would get 7/10 conversations would sound good. Now it's more like 2/10.

Can anyone else confirm?

I don't think anything changed regarding decoding of X2-TDMA. Doesn't seem any different to me.

mikev

I don't think anything changed regarding decoding of X2-TDMA. Doesn't seem any different to me.

I'll second this... the Loudoun County X2-TDMA system sounds just as good to me as it did before I updated. It sounds like there may have been a DSP update that was released later (according to the person who posted just before me)... I haven't done that yet as the version check after doing the other two updates on Friday showed my DSP version was current.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Does anyone else listen to X2-TDMA systems?

It could be just a coincidence but I just updated my PSR800 to the latest firmware and X2-TDMA audio decode sounds terrible.

It usually was rather hard to hear but it sounds worse after the upgrade.

It used to be that I would get 7/10 conversations would sound good. Now it's more like 2/10.

Can anyone else confirm?

Mine sounds as good as ever also.

SCPD

QRT
Yep no worries. It was just a bad day I guess. The system sounds 1000x better today. There was a local city parade at the time so perhaps the system was just overloaded.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I noticed a new setting that wasn't documented in the changelog. It is near the bottom of the settings menu and says "Trim Logs". I can imagine that it would cut out unnecessary data from the P25 logfiles. Does anyone know about this undocumented feature?

cookmaster

Trunking options,Mot Enc, Talkgroups,ED Enc Talkgroups

One new thing i notice about the new software was the abily to set it "Ignore or allow" which i take it to mean if you set it to ignore the Scanner should skip over P-25 conventonal encrypted,and or encrpyped talkgroups. I have tried it set to ignore,and allow and there no differnce in the operations of the scanner,the PSR-800 continues to stop on encrypted P-25 conventonal,and encrypted talkgroups.As anyone else experience this yet? thanks

Kel

You are quite correct,I am noticing the same thing,but if you read on the EZ software tabs you will find it is just for Motorola Maud 3600 and not 9600 or P 25 conventional,doesn't help me out either in our community,maybe GRE should be aware of this.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
I'm intrigued by this statement..."Add option to tune to digital and/or encrypted voice calls on EDACS systems. While the scanner will tune to those talkgroups, the scanner cannot decode the ProVoice data or decrypt an encrypted voice channel."

Can someone confirm this? You can actually track (not decode) a ProVoice talkgroup on EDACS now?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Yes, I can confirm you can track Provoice now. I have actually come across some new encrypted talkgroups on the Allentown, PA system this week with this new feature.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I am having an issue with the updated software. If I select a block of conventional channels to delete, it appears to delete the wrong ones. Anyone else seeing this issue?

huedaman

I am having an issue with the updated software. If I select a block of conventional channels to delete, it appears to delete the wrong ones. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Yes, I see the same thing. I select a block of five, and it deletes five -- but three are from the ones I've selected and two are from outside the original block.

PrimoMoth

So I just ordered a PSR-800. I am kind of excited about it, but I have one question. What are the odds that it will ship with the newest firmware? I have some concern about my ability to actually do an update. If something gets messed up, how easy is it to reset and start over, or do I turn this into a brick?

PM

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I have noticed since updating is intermittent problems with decoding RID's off of P-25 systems. Before the update it would decode ID's all the time but now seems to be intermittent even with a solid signal and the T flashing.

Gilligan

Database Admin
The only thing I have noticed since updating is intermittent problems with decoding RID's off of P-25 systems. Before the update it would decode ID's all the time but now seems to be intermittent even with a solid signal and the T flashing.
I agree completely. Before the update, mine was working great. Afterwards, I immediately noticed that it wasn't reading IDs as well.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I haven't seen any issue with RID's on either Motorola or P25 systems. It displays the RID every time on the two P25 systems I monitor. Not saying there isn't an issue, just saying it's not happening on my two PSR 800's.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I noticed the same thing. I probably see a 50% reduction in the radio Id's that get shown on all the systems I monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.