psr-800 database adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriden

So I am interested in listening to a P25 system that is listed on this site but seems to NOT be included in the PSR-800 database.

The system is York Regions NEW P25 system.

Is there a way to manually ADD this information or create the system manually myself.

Sorry if I am being vague I'm not sure what to ask HEHE

Here is the info I want to create the system with and add to my scanner.

York Region (Project 25) Trunking System, York, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

THANKS.

RDGDigital

I'm not in Canada so I'm not very familiar with that system. However, when I look at the link you provided, all the trunk groups on that system are encrypted. As far as I know the PSR-800 will not import any encrypted trunk groups. So maybe that is why you can't find them.

gbriden

Yeah this was pointed out to me SIGH so over last few weeks what I am seeing is I will have 2 scanners that will be as good a Scrap in a very short while how did we EVERY allow our services to HIDE from the very people that PAY there way so easy.

Thanks anyways.

Swipesy

As RDGDigital pointed out EZScan will not load encrypted Talkgroups. You can add them manually as well as a wildcard in hopes that sometime there may be intermittent transmissions that are not encrypted.

On the Trunked Radio Systems Tab there is a button for adding new systems and then new talkgroups for the system. Follow the prompts.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
I'm not in Canada so I'm not very familiar with that system. However, when I look at the link you provided, all the trunk groups on that system are encrypted. As far as I know the PSR-800 will not import any encrypted trunk groups. So maybe that is why you can't find them.

If you go to the advance tab of the EZ scan software, the bottom left box for trunking options. In the box are two categories MOT enc talk-groups and ED enc talk-groups. If you set both to allow, you should be able to download encrypted talk-groups.

Cheers,
Andy

RDGDigital

If you go to the advance tab of the EZ scan software, the bottom left box for trunking options. In the box are two categories MOT enc talk-groups and ED enc talk-groups. If you set both to allow, you should be able to download encrypted talk-groups.

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks for that information. I've never really bothered with encrypted channels, but it's nice to know that I can if I ever wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.