PSR-800 Default SD Card Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpayne174

Hey everyone,

I bounce in and out of the hobby but I really want to get into for good. Awhile back, I got a PSR-800 and the default set up was good. Where you could search for a county, city, etc right on the device and listen to X number of things whenever you wanted and be able to switch back and forth without the need of setting up scanlists on the computer prior to using it.

Ever since I formatted it myself to play with it, I haven't ever been able to get that option back on the scanner. Just always says 'Database files not found'.

How do I get those database files back on the scanner so I can just take my scanner with me and use it for anything locally while I bounce around? If that all makes sense..

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Use the "EZ-Scan" program that you program the scanner with. Download the latest database update from Radioreference. Then you can update all of your favorite listings and write everything to the scanner.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
NOTE! Latest version of EZ Scan has issues. Use an older version. Format the SD card only in the EZ Scan software and check the box to include the database. You can build a listening data or use one of the quick like zip code, city, or county. TRX 1 EZ Scan Software issue 3.42.0

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I don't think you will get any current database with the old version of ezscan, you can either search RR for the work around to import a new database after installing ezscan for ws1080 or send the scanner to whistler and pay for the legacy upgrade that will allow you to easily upgrade everything in it. PLUS the scanner will work better due to all the firmware fixes the psr800 has not and will not receive any other way.

CycleSycho

I don't think you will get any current database with the old version of ezscan, you can either search RR for the work around to import a new database after installing ezscan for ws1080 or send the scanner to whistler and pay for the legacy upgrade that will allow you to easily upgrade everything in it. PLUS the scanner will work better due to all the firmware fixes the psr800 has not and will not receive any other way.

:) +1, upgrading the scanner will open up all the extras (improved performance) that was not available for the original radio (makes it a 'clone' of the Whistler WS-1080). The link is on the Whistler website, look for the legacy updates. It is a modest cost, well worth it. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.