PSR-800 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
I think the version of the virtual serial port driver that the Wouxun software installs is not compatible with the PSR-800. I intended to revert to the PSR-800's and program the Wouxun on another computer, but I am unable to find where I can download and install just the drivers for the PSR-800. I recall that the supplied EZ-Scan program installed the drivers initially.

Is there a process to force a reinstall of the drivers that the GRE software needs?

Thanks.

...R

Jake68111

I don't think I'd try "re-installing" the driver over a driver that might already be present. That might cause corruption.

I would try to locate the driver first and try to uninstall it before trying to install it again. This can be done through your device manager (Click on ‘Start’, click ‘Control Panel’, click ‘Performance and Maintenance’ and finally ‘System’. In the new window you’ll see a tab called ‘Hardware’ and the Device Manager is there.)

If you are able to locate the driver, uninstall it then simply follow the directions for connecting the PSR-800.

I hope this info helps.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Wouxun/GRE drivers

I program my Wouxuns and my PSR 800 on the same Windows 7 laptop and netbook both work without any conflicts or issue.

Maybe they are trying to use the same com port? DOes the conflict show up in control panel under device management and com ports?

I think the version of the virtual serial port driver that the Wouxun software installs is not compatible with the PSR-800. I intended to revert to the PSR-800's and program the Wouxun on another computer, but I am unable to find where I can download and install just the drivers for the PSR-800. I recall that the supplied EZ-Scan program installed the drivers initially.

Is there a process to force a reinstall of the drivers that the GRE software needs?

Thanks.

...R

Status
Not open for further replies.