PSR-800 Earphone Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCN

Does anyone have a problem with their jack? I think It's worn out. I use it in and out of my vehicle all the time and use the jack plugged into my radio. Works and sounds great, lots of volume. Unfortunately I got to wiggle to make it work, and getting worse.

SCPD

QRT
Ear Jack

I don't think your ear jack is worn out, it just needs to be PUSHED back in place. In side of the ear jack hole is 3 tabs. 2 of the tabs hold the ear jack plug in place while the 3rd piece is a TAB that makes a contact to the part that you plug in the hole. How to FIX that is to push that 3rd tab back in place. To do this you have to take the back casing off your scanner & PUSH in on the brass looking tap on the ear jack but NOT to hard, use a paper clip & open one end of it to use.

JCN

I don't think your ear jack is worn out, it just needs to be PUSHED back in place. In side of the ear jack hole is 3 tabs. 2 of the tabs hold the ear jack plug in place while the 3rd piece is a TAB that makes a contact to the part that you plug in the hole. How to FIX that is to push that 3rd tab back in place. To do this you have to take the back casing off your scanner & PUSH in on the brass looking tap on the ear jack but NOT to hard, use a paper clip & open one end of it to use.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I will do that but I think it will happen again probably sooner. What I will do is push it back and then just leave a jack adapter plugged in and plug in and out from that. Hopefully its the in and out that spreads it not the wiggle in the socket.

JCN

Thanks. I will see how it works, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I will look and see how easy it is to replace the jack while I'm in there.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I had a problem with mine because I use the jack all the time (blue tooth) and sent it to G & G for repair and they corrected the problem and reworked the jack so I wouldn't have the problem again.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.