PSR-800: PSR-800 EZ Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Legacy upgrade is $59.99 when not on sale, approx $12 to ship with insurance ($8 without) so $72 not $100. YMMV for shipping.

J9237

Try and save up the money to send it in to Whistler for their official legacy upgrade.
It's worth the cost if you can swing it.
Not only will it give you access to the popular DMR mode today, it will also allow you to get updates from the radioreference database again as well as any future firmware updates they may release.

You stop using the GRE version of EZ-Scan for the PSR 800 and use Whistler's version for the WS1080 instead as that's basically the model whistler turns your PSR800 into with their legacy upgrade.

I'd try and do it especially if you only paid $5 bucks at a garage or estate sale for your 800.
ok thanks for the information, if and when we get the biden monies i'll do that now for a new question>:

can someone give me the link to where i can go to do this upgrade? wanna make sure i am not spending money on a nonstarter ok
is the payment electronic or on paper like a money order etc?
how do i get to find out if this scanner will pick up the local traffic?
my area is as follows:
RENO COUNTY
HUTCHINSON KS
the following two are on a different system and even my old scanners still pick them up, however hutchinson ks they sound like underwater and or garbled when i had my pro106
WICHITA KS
SEDGWICK COUNTY

J9237

Try and save up the money to send it in to Whistler for their official legacy upgrade.
It's worth the cost if you can swing it.
Not only will it give you access to the popular DMR mode today, it will also allow you to get updates from the radioreference database again as well as any future firmware updates they may release.

You stop using the GRE version of EZ-Scan for the PSR 800 and use Whistler's version for the WS1080 instead as that's basically the model whistler turns your PSR800 into with their legacy upgrade.

I'd try and do it especially if you only paid $5 bucks at a garage or estate sale for your 800.
i am using the proiscan software that came with the scanner does that help

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks for the information, if and when we get the biden monies i'll do that now for a new question>:

can someone give me the link to where i can go to do this upgrade? wanna make sure i am not spending money on a nonstarter ok
is the payment electronic or on paper like a money order etc?
how do i get to find out if this scanner will pick up the local traffic?
my area is as follows:
RENO COUNTY
HUTCHINSON KS
the following two are on a different system and even my old scanners still pick them up, however hutchinson ks they sound like underwater and or garbled when i had my pro106
WICHITA KS
SEDGWICK COUNTY
The upgrade is only for Pro-18, Pro-668 and gre- PSR-800

DJ11DLN

ok here i go again i have the PRO 18 RADIO SHACK scanner with sd card and usb connection does THIS HELP anyone on clarification
Follow this link:

It did a lot of good for my Pro-18. Did even more for a Pro-668 I picked up during the "fire sale." Well worth the cost, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.