PSR-800 is DEAD..Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bush_man

I had not used my PSR-800 in a couple weeks, went to use it and, poof nothing, wont' turn on, won't beep won't do anything. And to quash all the obvious questions, NEW fresh batteries...Nothing, Pluged into USB, computer recognized the SD card/drive, but no power to the unit. Is there a Reboot or reset sequence that anyone knows about?

mikey60

You can try pulling the batteries out and disconnecting from the USB cable, then check and make sure the SD card is properly seated in the radio. The put the batteries back in and try again.

Mike

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Make sure it is not your computer

Makes sure your computer is turned off, plug in the USB port to the computer and to the 800. Turn on just the computer. What does the screen on the 800 should show? It should show the time and that the unit is recharging, do you see that? If not then you are not getting power to the unit. Try checking another USB port if you have one. Do you have a power apdater that the USB cable can fit into to? If yes try that, If no then check your USB status in the contol panel/systems/divice manager make sure you USB ports are operating correctly. If that is OK then the issue is either a bad USB cable which is unlikly but possible or something is in the unit is dead and you will need to send it back to GRE. But try these first to make sure your computer is not the problem before you send the 800 back. Goo Luck and let us know what happens

BL

IowaGuy1603

mine glitched the other day..................I took the batteries out and left them out for about 15 minutes

put them back in and the unit powered up. Guess it needed a reset

Don't know what happened

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Makes sure your computer is turned off, plug in the USB port to the computer and to the 800. Turn on just the computer. What does the screen on the 800 should show? It should show the time and that the unit is recharging, do you see that? If not then you are not getting power to the unit. Try checking another USB port if you have one. Do you have a power apdater that the USB cable can fit into to? If yes try that, If no then check your USB status in the contol panel/systems/divice manager make sure you USB ports are operating correctly. If that is OK then the issue is either a bad USB cable which is unlikly but possible or something is in the unit is dead and you will need to send it back to GRE. But try these first to make sure your computer is not the problem before you send the 800 back. Goo Luck and let us know what happens

BL

Good answer. USB cables and SD cards like to play nice with some electronics and not with others.

VE3RADIO

I had this happen on my first unit, worked fine the first time I powered it up, I turned it off, and by the time I got around to using it again later that same night it was dead, no power, no nothing! Strange enough, the USB drive did still work.

I was fortunate to have a local retailer whom I bought it from and exchanged it the next day. One thing I did not try was formatting and copying the files back to the mini SD card... might be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.