PSR-800 is totally dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

After I used the software to transfer recordings from the scanner to the computer and after removing the USB cable, it is totally dead. I tried to remove batteries, removing and inserting the SD card and nothing helps, I also tried to reattach the USB to the computer and radio, but the software cannot communicate with the scanner. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You could try to leave the batteries out of the radio for a few minutes to an hour, and then see if it will turn on after replacing the batteries. Another thought would be to press and hold the MENU key and insert the USB cable to see if it will allow you to do the firmware update from the software.

jackj

SD card?

The microSD card may have gotten hosed. Take the card out of the radio and put it in a card reader and use the software to reformat it. Then copy the radio configuration to the card. The radio MIGHT work after that. Good luck.

lsh1885

I contacted GRE Support and they said to remove the batteries for 10 minutes and try to power it back on after that. He said to let them know if it doesn't work. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the help.

lsh1885

I removed the batteries for about an hour and it didn't work and notified GRE Support of same. If all else fails and I have to get a new card, are all of them compatible with this scanner. Thanks!

jackj

I can't answer your question about card compatibility. Did you try using EZscan to format the card then copy the EZscan info back to it?

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I removed the batteries for about an hour and it didn't work and notified GRE Support of same. If all else fails and I have to get a new card, are all of them compatible with this scanner. Thanks!

SanDisk seems to work the best based on what I've read.

lsh1885

Well, I heard from GRE Support and I guess they think It is more than the card, because they want me to sent the scanner back to them for repair.

jackj

I'm sorry you will be without your scanner for a few weeks. Too bad it wasn't something simple and fixable at home. Good luck.

lsh1885

I got my scanner back from GRE on Monday, it works perfectly now. In case anyone is curious what was wrong with it, they replaced the logic board and faceplate.

ahearn

Premium Subscriber
Great to hear you got your 800 working and that GRE CS works so well. It's one of the reasons I bought my 800. If something goes wrong, it's going to get fixed professionally and promptly.

bigsky109

Sad to hear that your 800 died, but it was really nice to hear about the support GRE offered. Great news in the long run. I hope I will never need the support but it is nice to know the support is good.

lsh1885

I am so glad they were able to fix it, it is a great scanner. I will be going on vacation in Alaska in early May, I am going to take the scanner with me, hopefully I will be able to hear some interesting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.