PSR-800 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have a GRE PSR-800 that I use for work and I've been having some issues with it.

First of all, every time that I boot the scanner up, I get a clock set screen, even through I always set the time and press SEL to set. Second, whenever the scanner is on, it will shut itself off after a few minutes, plugged in or on fully charged batteries. Is there possibly a sleep timer function on this radio that I haven't found?

I am new to GRE radios, as I use mostly Uniden radios.

Last edited:

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you’ve either lost an internal battery or a capacitor that maintains power to the internal clock.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I’m still having issues with this radio. Is there any kind of setting I may be missing? Like an “auto power off” or “sleep timer”?

I am using rechargeable batteries and trying to power via usb in my vehicle connected to a 12V power inverter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try rewriting the program file to the SD card. If that doesn't work, try a new SD card. I have found that bad SD cards can cause a multitude of problems.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Has it had the legacy upgrade via whistler? Because it fixes a lot of the problems with this scanner including battery life. The clock runs off the batteries so if they die, then your clock would need to be reset. keep the scanner plugged in 24/7 to prevent this.

Status
Not open for further replies.