PSR-800 LED Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to tell the scanner to turn off ALL LED functions, and then turn them back on at a later time, without having to manually change the settings for all objects?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You can use Stealth mode, but you would still need to drill down into the menu and turn it off again.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
You can use Stealth mode, but you would still need to drill down into the menu and turn it off again.

Thanks, that's what I had suspected. The wife loves to hear the scanner at night as we fall asleep (as I do) but sometimes the LED light gets to her. I think I will simply create a vscanner folder where everything is the same as the one I want to listen to, except for the LED function being turned off on all objects. It only takes a few seconds to load a v scanner after all.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Actually, I had to look at the OM again. It appears that you need to turn the ALERTS function off, but you could still use the Vscanner to do a switch I guess. Stealth is attached to the Light modes only and not the LED. Maybe you should try both modes (Stealth, Alerts) and let us know.

Last edited:

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I had to look at the OM again. It appears that you need to turn the ALERTS function off, but you could still use the Vscanner to do a switch I guess. Stealth is attached to the Light modes only and not the LED. Maybe you should try both modes (Stealth, Alerts) and let us know.

You were correct, one only needs to turn alerts to off, or even audio only to get rid of the LED.

Thanks.

Bob_61

Stealth mode

I have my 800's light set to to go on for all objects when receiving activity on battery power and all the time on ext power and led set only for the main objects I monitor. When in stealth mode on batteries nothing lights up, nothing. When using ext power the back light stays on, BUT only the priority channel's led lights up. Again that is in B52 stealth mode! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.