PSR-800: PSR-800 Legacy Upgrade Zip Code search problems.

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
I have a PSR-800 which I sent in for the Legacy Upgrade about a year ago and recently I did a zip code search with the default service types and I have discovered that it will not load all the sites to the system I want to listen to. Example - I want to download for zip code 47025 and when it completed it will tell me that it downloaded 33 conventional, 1 TSYS (Indiana Safe-T), 11 sites and 213 Talkgroups. When I go into the Program Menu on the scanner and select Edit Sites, it will only show 2 sites which are Peppertown and Batesville (Which are the 2 furthest from the 47025 zip) The other 10 sites, including 3 in the 47025 zip code do not show up. I have tried this on other zip codes and noticed that the same happens. This appears to happen only to P25 systems and not conventional systems. The system I am referring to is the Indiana Project Safe-T. Anyone else with the Legacy Upgrade having this issue or can check to see if they have the same issue. I am running FW 4.8 DP 3.2 and DB 828. I reached out to Whistler twice and I get crickets from them. I know I can load what I need using the software but that doesn't help when I am out mobile. Thanks.

tvengr

Well Known Member
See if this is of any help: Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual Have there been any changes in your area zip codes lately? There have been cases with the Uniden scanners where new zip codes were added and existing zip codes were revised and the changes were not included in the zip code tables. I don't know if there is a way of checking zip code tables on the WS1080.

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
See if this is of any help: Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual Have there been any changes in your area zip codes lately? There have been cases with the Uniden scanners where new zip codes were added and existing zip codes were revised and the changes were not included in the zip code tables. I don't know if there is a way of checking zip code tables on the WS1080.
No changes in my zip code. I did the same with other zip codes in my area and get the same results. I'll check out the link you sent - Thanks

Roydog62

I have a PSR-800 which I sent in for the Legacy Upgrade about a year ago and recently I did a zip code search with the default service types and I have discovered that it will not load all the sites to the system I want to listen to. Example - I want to download for zip code 47025 and when it completed it will tell me that it downloaded 33 conventional, 1 TSYS (Indiana Safe-T), 11 sites and 213 Talkgroups. When I go into the Program Menu on the scanner and select Edit Sites, it will only show 2 sites which are Peppertown and Batesville (Which are the 2 furthest from the 47025 zip) The other 10 sites, including 3 in the 47025 zip code do not show up. I have tried this on other zip codes and noticed that the same happens. This appears to happen only to P25 systems and not conventional systems. The system I am referring to is the Indiana Project Safe-T. Anyone else with the Legacy Upgrade having this issue or can check to see if they have the same issue. I am running FW 4.8 DP 3.2 and DB 828. I reached out to Whistler twice and I get crickets from them. I know I can load what I need using the software but that doesn't help when I am out mobile. Thanks.
I've owned the same scanner for about 5 months now. I found out by browsing the library by city or county and choosing which sites and or systems that you want work best. Choose a specific scanlist for that system and it's departments you want and do the same for other systems too. Be careful and check the order for control channels in P25 systems. I live in the City of Suffolk Virginia (P25 phase 2) with 6 other surrounding major cities that are P25 also to include our Virginia State Police. Hope this helps!