PSR-800 lockout Radio IDs so they can't be heard on a scanlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjatwood

I have setup a TRS with a bunch of radio ids locked out and skipped so that I don't have to hear traffic from them. But all this seems to do is not display the alpha tag I have attached to the RID's that are locked out and skipped. The reason I want to do this is the city I want to listen to's Police Dept. Is dispatched by the county sheriffs office. The city's PD does have their own intra-depatment talk group but uses a shared dispatch talk group. The dispatch talk group has 7 other PD's on it and some use it as car to car channel also it seems. There are also a few other shared talk groups. By the way the system is a multi-site EDACS if that makes any difference. Does anyone have any tips on how to achieve this? My PSR-800 is on FW v1.8.

P.S. I have locked out talk groups in this TRS and the scanner does ignore all traffic on them correctly. Also I do not have a wildcard set for the talk groups or Radio ID's.

Thank you.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I have setup a TRS with a bunch of radio ids locked out and skipped so that I don't have to hear traffic from them. But all this seems to do is not display the alpha tag I have attached to the RID's that are locked out and skipped. The reason I want to do this is the city I want to listen to's Police Dept. Is dispatched by the county sheriffs office. The city's PD does have their own intra-depatment talk group but uses a shared dispatch talk group. The dispatch talk group has 7 other PD's on it and some use it as car to car channel also it seems. There are also a few other shared talk groups. By the way the system is a multi-site EDACS if that makes any difference. Does anyone have any tips on how to achieve this? My PSR-800 is on FW v1.8.

P.S. I have locked out talk groups in this TRS and the scanner does ignore all traffic on them correctly. Also I do not have a wildcard set for the talk groups or Radio ID's.

Thank you.

You can't lock out radio traffic via radio ID's. Radio ID's are only used for labeling purposes.

rjatwood

I wonder why there is an option in EZscan to Lockout Radio ID's. Plus when I do Lockout a radio id the tag that is on it does not show up anymore(shows the the Radio ID instead) but the ones that are not locked out still show the tag. I wish you could still get support on the scanner. Does anyone know if whistler is going to support the PSR-800 after they start selling it again.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I have numerous tgid's either locked or skipped on my scan list.for Lake county Ohio's MARCS IP TRS and they don't come across my speaker at all, even with the wildcard active

troymail

Silent Key
I wonder why there is an option in EZscan to Lockout Radio ID's. Plus when I do Lockout a radio id the tag that is on it does not show up anymore(shows the the Radio ID instead) but the ones that are not locked out still show the tag.

I think this was either simply "code reuse" in EZ Scan (radio ID panel looks just like the talkgroup ID panel) -or- maybe there were plans for more features at one point. I'm betting on the former.

I wish you could still get support on the scanner. Does anyone know if whistler is going to support the PSR-800 after they start selling it again.

Doubtful but you can really never say never, can you.

JoeyC

I have numerous tgid's either locked or skipped on my scan list.for Lake county Ohio's MARCS IP TRS and they don't come across my speaker at all, even with the wildcard active

and thats normal for a talkgroupID. The OP is talking about RadioIDs. Not the same thing.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I have mostly the jail and school districts either locked or skipped and they're Radio ID's do not show up either, because otherwise they would totally dominate traffic during my commutes the same as when they were not locked out. And yes my scanners are set to show RID's

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of TG's that are shared between cities and if I get a chance to copy some of the RID's , I'll see if I can isolate them in the software .

Status
Not open for further replies.