PSR-800 Menu Custimization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to remove items from the PSR-800 front panel menu? I have a customer that would like to slim down the main menu so that the only selections available are scan, scan lists, restore skipped and set clock.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
I see this thread has been viewed 98 times so it looks like I'm not the only one interested in customizing the menu of this radio. I have contacted the GRE Support Team with this question and will try to let you know what they say. I work for a communicatons company in WV and believe we could sell some of these if the front panel user interface could be made less elaborate.

markab

Not likely

I see this thread has been viewed 98 times so it looks like I'm not the only one interested in customizing the menu of this radio. I have contacted the GRE Support Team with this question and will try to let you know what they say. I work for a communicatons company in WV and believe we could sell some of these if the front panel user interface could be made less elaborate.

I'm sure it could be done through a custom firmware update. But I doubt GRE would be interested in even considering creating one unless you were commited to purchasing several hundred scanners to have it loaded on to.

Mark

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The default out of the box is a simple mode display. Is this still too much information on the Menu display for them?

From the owners manual:
"Simple Display
PSR-800 User Manual Page 68
By default, the PSR-800 operates with a simplified display that
only shows object and Scanlist names. To see more information
about objects, disable this option. This option must be
unchecked to view detailed frequency, talkgroup ID, Radio ID or
CTCSS and DCS squelch code information."

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
Troymail is correct - display is not a problem what we need is a streamlined menu system so that from the front of the radio ONLY very basic functions are available leaving other tasks to be performed via PC.

I have not heard back from GRE yet. Eventually I feel a computer or ham site will come up with a way to edit the firmware like as been done with so many other devices. It is not all that difficult to alter these devices just time consuming if you are not that familiar with the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.