PSR-800 Multi-Site Trunked System Poll

How do you feel about haveing to enter the multi-site system manually?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
This is a poll to see if other feel the same as I about not being able to import sites to multiple scanlists with the new PSR-800 EZ Scan Digital.

Background: If you wish to import a trunked system that has multiple sites into more than one scanlist, you have to do it manually using the included EZ Scan Digital software and creating a new trunked system, input your control channel and trunked attributes. There is no other method to do this.

More information can be found in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...sr-800-post-release-thread-5.html#post1480806

Last edited:

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I would not only like to be able to actually work with assorted trunking sites but also be able to work with multiple conventional frequencies *and* be able to order either TGs, Twrs, or multiple copies of freqs, and "tones", in orders that suit what I am currently interested in scanning rather than what the database `thinks?' I should be scanning them in. Experience with the PSR500/600 series has shown, at least me, that there are still situations where order trumps supposed scanning speed. While I like my PSR700 and will most likely eventually get a PSR800 I find myself dithering because of how crippled the software is given that both radios are pretty good steps up in ability and performance.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
While I like my PSR700 and will most likely eventually get a PSR800 I find myself dithering because of how crippled the software is given that both radios are pretty good steps up in ability and performance.

I don't feel that the software is crippled, but I want improvements. If we look at this radio as just another entry level platform to integrate P25 for the masses as a continuation of the PSR-700, then whey add advanced features, yet keep the basic functions the advance users expected?

I don't feel were talking about minor tweaks here. This is something that would improve the overall function of the radio through the scanlist and add to the function of the scan set.

The muti-system site and scanlist problem actually began with the Pro-107/PSR-700 and should have been improved with those models. If you look at those two models you see the same scanlist features were carried over, and are different from the PSR-500. Why the current configuration from the PSR-700 was continued this way is really puzzling.

In a way it reminds me of the original Pro-92 vs. the Pro-92A.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Kudos to GRE! I'm happy to report that the software update 1.1 has included a fix for this problem by adding a method to copy and paste systems. While this is not a root fix on the radio, it definitely helps with the problem.

I'm hoping this fix will also be applied to the PSR-700/Pro-107 software also. Those of use who use muti-sites would really appreciate it!

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I was trying to remember, didn't they do a firmware update on the PSR-500 later on that added the Multi-Site: STAT option we would like on the 800?

Just hoping....

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I was trying to remember, didn't they do a firmware update on the PSR-500 later on that added the Multi-Site: STAT option we would like on the 800?

There were changes made to Stat in the PSR-500 firmware update 1.2: "Added within a TSYS object a "Check All CCs" option for MultiSite=STAT. If
selected, on every SCAN mode pass, will force a check of all CC frequencies instead of stopping after the 'dwell' time expires."

Just hoping....

Me too JT! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.