PSR 800 Multisite problem. Will my Idea Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So I am trying to monitor a multisite UHF T-Band system with my new PSR 800. I want to be able to choose between the sites I monitor, not just the site that's technically closest to me. The site that is closest to me control channel-wise is still inconsistent voice channel wise and it doesn't carry all the talkgroups I want like the other site. The farther site doesn't come in everywhere...but where it does come in I can pick up everything in the county. But just in case I can't get that system, say on a windy day, I'd like to be able to toggle back and forth between the two systems. I tried setting up the closer system and the farther system using the Library Import feature on EZ Scan. No go, it still puts everything under 1 system even though they're in different scanlists, so I always get whatever control channel is coming in closer. I tried making a duplicate of the system in the Trunked tab details and put in the two frequencies separate under different TRS's, and the same thing. So I kept the farther system, deleted the duplicate, and set up the closer system manually inputting all the control channel, bandplan, and talkgroup/RID info manually into EZ Scan. So I put all that info under Scanlist 2 (except the site info, because there is no Scanlist option for the site frequencies, thats the problem!!!) as the closer system, and kept all the original library configuration of the farther system under Scanlist 4. Now the question is if I plug in the scanner and input the new configuration for each system, will I be able to scanlist 2 even though theoretically it doesn't know to look for my specified CC frequency under scanlist 2? Am I making sense? Do you understand what I'm asking?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Setup 2 scan list with all talk groups scan list 1 main site and scan list 2 alt site just remember you only have to enter the talkgroups one time and mark them for both scanlist. I just built your local system by importing the total system making a duplicate with the button and editing the sites into 2 differant scanlist.

Last edited:

JoeyC

When you download the system from the database all of the sites (that you chose in the download) appear under the same System ID in EZ scan. To separate the sites, first, download the system chosing both sites and all the talkgroups that either site will use. Go to that system under the Trunked Radio Systems tab and duplicate it. Then name each system appropriately. Of the two systems that should now be in your systems list, choose the closer site and remove the distant one from the Site List located under the Site Details tab. Then choose the further system and remove the closer Site from its Site List. You should now have 2 systems using separate sites and the same talkgroups. You can then go to the Talkgroup Details of each System/Site and remove those talkgroups that aren't necessary and assign them to the appropriate scanlist. Then simply toggle the Scanlist or assign appropriately to a Scanset whatever site you want.

Hopefully I understood your question as I do something similar with one system I monitor. In my case each of the sites have talkgroups that are native to one but not the other and if I want to hear all of the talkgroups I must separate the sites as I have done. Hope that helps.

Keep in mind however that if you choose to update either system later, only the original will get the update if you download from the database, thats why its important to download EVERYTHING from both sites in the original download because adding them later will only go to the original, and not the duplicate system, for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.