PSR 800 PC app Denver Metro Area system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschroeder

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,
I live in Wheat Ridge CO and I’m trying to upload the new Arvada P25 info. Doesn’t the PSR 800 scan the Denver Metro Area system?
The Denver Metro Area system is displayed in the list of systems in Jefferson county but is “X” out. In the
PSR 800 pc app the note is;
Channels marked with an X where the checkbox should be are digital channels that are not supported by your GRECOM EZ Scan Digital Handheld trunking scanner. These channels will not be imported to your configuration.

Thanks for your help.

N8IAA

Hi Everyone,
I live in Wheat Ridge CO and I’m trying to upload the new Arvada P25 info. Doesn’t the PSR 800 scan the Denver Metro Area system?
The Denver Metro Area system is displayed in the list of systems in Jefferson county but is “X” out. In the
PSR 800 pc app the note is;
Channels marked with an X where the checkbox should be are digital channels that are not supported by your GRECOM EZ Scan Digital Handheld trunking scanner. These channels will not be imported to your configuration.

Thanks for your help.

The X'd out ones are Encrypted TGID's. So, when you look at the RR database and see an 'E', it won't load up in EZScan and thus into the scanner.
Larry

N8IAA

You can monitor the encrypted TG's by turning on the mute function either in the scanner, or via the software, you just won't hear them.
Larry

bschroeder

Premium Subscriber
Hi Larry,
Thanks for the quick response. I get the x when trying to select the Trunked Radio System. I'm not at the TGIDs yet. I have a Pro 106 and listen to Wheat Ridge PD & FD and West Metro and Lakewood PD that has become the Denver Metro Area System. I wanted to update the system to add Arvada and I'm unable to. There is a live feed on the new Arvada P25 so I know that is not all encryped yet. Do I need to add the channels and TGID manually? I noticed the same issue when using the WIN500 software for my Pro 106. What am I missing.
Thanks again for your help.

mikey60

Check to see if you can update the PC App. There was a problem with older versions that would do that to a Phase 2 system. I just tried importing this with the latest version and it worked fine.

Mike

bschroeder

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your help. That was the problem I just updated the PC software to version 1.08 and now I can select the Denver Metro Area system.
Thanks again for such a quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.