PSR-800: PSR-800 power adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbman417

I have a Gre PSR-800, upgrade by Whistler. What power adapter can i us on my unit to charge batteries besides my laptop? Also what kind of vehicle charger can I use when I'm mobile?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Many of us suggest you not charge batteries in the radio. I had a Pro 96 battery door melt when one of the batteries shorted and overheated. If you continue to charge them in the radio, the charger should have an output of no more than 5 volts. The manual says it takes about 16 hours for a charge, but this depends on the battery capacity. Set your charge time in the menu to half or less of that to be on the safe side. See http://www.greamerica.com/download/manuals/PSR-800_Manual.pdf

frankdrebbin

I use regular alkaline batteries. I just plug it into my usb in my truck or computer when I update. I never liked charging batteries while in use.

prodigyonline

I use regular alkaline batteries. I just plug it into my usb in my truck or computer when I update. I never liked charging batteries while in use.

My psr-800 eats a set of alkaline batteries in just a few hours. Like you, I plug in a USB power bank... I would not trust a scanner to charge batteries, let alone a 10+ year old scanner.... If you must, use eneloop and charge them in a panasonic charger

frankdrebbin

My psr-800 eats a set of alkaline batteries in just a few hours. Like you, I plug in a USB power bank... I would not trust a scanner to charge batteries, let alone a 10+ year old scanner.... If you must, use eneloop and charge them in a panasonic charger
I keep my PSR 800 plugged into a usb charger at my desk. I do use eneloop batteries for my AR 8200B III charged outside the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.