PSR 800 Private Calls / Private Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

orpcat

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I have been looking through posts concerning the PSR 800 being able to receive Private Calls by programming a private wildcard with the software. From all that I read the PSR 800 should be able to monitor I-Calls, Private Calls, and Interconnect Calls.

I have programmed private wildcards and have not been able to monitor any interconnect or private calls. My other scanners PSR 500 and PSR-410 have no problem receiving these, just wondering what I am doing wrong.

The wildcards are showing up in the scan list, and everything looks ok but not able to monitor any transmissions.

Thanks

orpcat

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is in an active scanlist, I just used the browser to find the wildcard and selected it it works. When scanning it will not work.

kb8rvp

I go into my active scanlist. Then below you have the tabs for Site details, Talkgroup Details and Radio ID Details. Click on the Radio ID Details. Click "new" and in the Alpha Tag type Wildcard! and pick the scanlists you what it to be part of and click "add". You should see Wildcard! under the RID and PV: Wildcard! in the Alpha Tag then load the file to the scanner.

So when you add the wild card:
RID leave blank
Alpha Tag enter Wildcard!
Pick the scanlist and click on add.

Mike

orpcat

Premium Subscriber
The display flashes between " PV:Wildcard! " and "65535 - > 00000" . I only recieved one private call a few minutes ago and now nothing. I am now running Trunk88 using my 310 for data and see the private calls on the screen and have the 800 parked on the wildcard object. Trunk88 is showing four differnet private calls on the screen but I am hearing nothing.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
What kind of system are you monitoring? Mixed mode, or full digital? I know there are things the 800 won't do on mixed mode.

(Edit: Or has problems doing in mixed mode. Like it won't stop on Enc Comms. but you can pull them up through the menu, like you described with the icall)

Last edited:

orpcat

Premium Subscriber
Motorola Type II Smartnet analog

The wildcard is showing up in the radio id tab with wildcard as the RID and alpha tag.

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Heck, I'm at a loss.... Though, I suspect it might be something like what I said in my edit above.

Drop GRE a email through their support line, they are really quick to reply.

orpcat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for everyones help. I have submitted a ticket to GRE and I am waiting on a response.

Jeff

jackj

I'd like to know

Thanks for everyones help. I have submitted a ticket to GRE and I am waiting on a response.

Jeff
Jeff, could you please post GRE's answer? I'd really like to know the answer to your questions, I have tried the same thing and it doesn't seem to work for me either.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I used trunker for a bit and another windows-based program like it and remember seeing something like PDATA on the screen. Are those private calls?

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
GRE is looking into this, I will post the results when I find out something more.

Orpcat-

I hope that GRE can help you out with an answer... they have been quite fast and responsive when I have submitted tickets in the past. I don't always like what they have to say, but they are always quick about it.

Like you, I've been finding a few annoyances monitoring analog and mixed mode 3600 bps systems on the PSR-800. Sounds like you're having similar problems. I've had zero success monitoring I-Calls with the PSR-800 on my local 3600 bps system in Anne Arundel County Maryland. I've programmed the private wildcard correctly, and even cross-checked the PSR-800 while listening to another scanner: the older scanner caught the I-Call, while the PSR-800 just sat silent.

I know that telling you this isn't much help, but sometimes it's good to know that you aren't alone--or just going nuts. Please let us know what the GRE support teams says.

Good luck,

KE5TLF

Pretty sure they don't work on EDACS either. At least not the Mobile County EDACS. Was monitoring it recently side by side with a HP-1 in trunking discovery mode and it was catching so many PC's it was annoying and the the 800 caught none of them.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I have a 500 with a Private Call wildcard programmed into a full P-25 system. Either there are no private calls, or it isn't programmed right.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

I have a 500 with a Private Call wildcard programmed into a full P-25 system. Either there are no private calls, or it isn't programmed right.

You may want to consider starting your own thread. I figure since it's a different radio, and different system type, you won't get many answers in this thread.

Also, include what software you use to program it so we can offer a decent guess on what may be the problem.

troymail

Silent Key
I've had zero success monitoring I-Calls with the PSR-800 on my local 3600 bps system in Anne Arundel County Maryland.

Are you not hearing any PvtCalls on the 800 at all? I hear the sheriff on my PSR800 (and at the same time my BC296) all of the time - almost every weeknight. There aren't any other users for Private Calls on the AA County 800 system that I have ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.