PSR-800: problem configuring backlight with EZ scan software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2003

Sorry if this has already been discussed but a forum search didn't find any posts...

Does anyone have a problem losing their settings (I.e. backlight, key beeps, etc.) each time v-folders are updated with the EZ scan software? I specify my settings with the software for each v-scanner/ folder but they don't seem to stick. I have to tediously re-configure settings for each v-scanner on the scanner itself each time I update/make changes using EZ scan software.

Anyone know of a fix?

troymail

Silent Key
I haven't seen this -- but:

"each time the VFolders are updated" ... do you mean something like when a library update is downloaded and it is allowed to update your existing data? That's not something I do very often but when I have I hadn't noticed any issues (maybe just missed it)

Can you provide more info?

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Are you making your `adjustments' in the software or the radio? If you are talking about changes made via the radio itself then the EZScan software is working right. If you make any tweaks in just the radio you have to download them to the software if you need to keep them. If you've made your tweaks in the software and they aren't `sticking' when you upload to the radio I can't really say as to how you are getting the changes you are talking about as I've never had that problem with either my 700 or 800.

Steve2003

Hi There,
I am changing settings using the EZ scan software. I have troubleshooted by doing all of the following:

-I wasn't sure if changing the settings applied globally (to all v-scanner folders) or to each individual folder so I changed the settings individually for each folder.

-I have copied the configuration from my scanner/card, changed my settings, and then copied them back.

-I have tried different memory cards (the default as well as another 4GB card)

-I have tried "optimizing my memory card".

-I have formatted each memory card can copied my configuration.

-I have changed the settings on the scanner itself, copied from the memory card, and the settings back.

-Ensured I had the latest software, firmware, and library updates.

It doesn't seem to matter if I make changes to a scanlist, do a library update/import, or manually tweak a talkgroup/system... Every time I turn on the scanner I am prompted to "Select a Bandplan" and my settings are lost and reverted to defaults (If I change a scanlist/object/talkgroup, etc the change is applied when I copy to the scanner, but the settings are still reverted back to factory defaults).

Here are screenshots of what I am trying to accomplish:
x58bvb.png

idhz7r.png

Steve2003

Problem Solved! Kudos to the GRE support team for their quick response. It turns out my CPU firmware was out of date! Hard to keep track of with a growing collection of scanners!

Status
Not open for further replies.