PSR 800 programing disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

catken

First of all, my name is Ken and I live in White Bear MN. and no, I don't live on the lake, For some reason after importing fire and police, and go to scan, it says nothing to scan. I know I messed up somewhere but not sure. Any Ideas; is it possible to reset everything back to the way it came from the factory and have someone else give it a try like maybe my 4 year old grandson? I have already gone to the GRECOM forum but yet to receive any conclusive answers. Thanks Ken

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Considering I haven't had my coffee, I'll probably miss something, but...

To factory reset it, in the software you can restore factory defaults on the main page. (This is for the settings in the program)
Or, go to "Scanner" on the top, then "Prepare SD Card" (A real reset)

Do you have the scanlist you downloaded to enabled?

catken

Thanks for your reply. Besides buying things on the internet I know absolutely nothing about computers. What you described left me with more questions than answers. I think its time to call in the military; my son-in -law to help me out. Hopefully I didn't screw something up that's not fixable.

Trekker65

Premium Subscriber
Create Scan List

First of all, my name is Ken and I live in White Bear MN. and no, I don't live on the lake, For some reason after importing fire and police, and go to scan, it says nothing to scan. I know I messed up somewhere but not sure. Any Ideas; is it possible to reset everything back to the way it came from the factory and have someone else give it a try like maybe my 4 year old grandson? I have already gone to the GRECOM forum but yet to receive any conclusive answers. Thanks Ken

Isn't that the model where you have to select what you want to listen to from the large database you imported and put it in a "play list" or "Scan List" before it will scan? In other words you have to create a scan list with a name and then select by "checking off" what you want to listen to in that scan list. That model will hold 200 seperate scan lists.
Check your manual under the heading "Scan Lists" to see if there is more information on how to name and create a scan list. If I can find the manual I can point you to the right info.

Status
Not open for further replies.