PSR-800 Programming directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriden

Is there a good source of help that will step me through the programming steps using EZsczn and my PSR-800

I can import and sort of setup a system but get lost on setting features and sending things to the actual scanner.

I have looked for an EZscan user manual but can not find anything.

Help PLEASE..

Hopefully I am not the only one that finds this programm very confusing to follow.

RDGDigital

GRE America - Support Page

The user manual is on GRE's web site.

The important thing to remember when using the EZ Scan software to program the scanner is that every time you upload to the scanner you overwrite everything on the scanner. So my recommendation is to make lots of backups.

The way I work is to load the latest backup into the software and then make changes/additions/deletions to the system. And then I upload the entire system to the scanner.

I hope this helps some.

Swipesy

I only see the PSR-800 manual I am looking for EZScan software help

The only software help you are going to find is that which is built into the software itself. Click on Help on the top right of the software bar and then click on View Help. If that doesn't satisfy your needs then you will pretty much have to search RadioReference for more specifics.

EZScan is not the most user friendly software you will ever use. Much of the learning curve is by trial and error so as suggested above make backups. I would suggest you back up to a USB drive. Saving to Archive is worthless since it tends to overwrite the database that is on your hard drive and updates every change you make.

trunker

I should have been more detailed...

Because only a few settings/options are available in the scanner itself, the manual will also explain how to use the EZ-Scan software which is required for any custom programming. Purple text will refer to scanner instructions and Green text will refer to Software instructions to make it easier to find steps with the scanner or software. Blue will pertain to both.

Status
Not open for further replies.