PSR-800 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Looking at the possibility of purchasing a PSR-800 or PRO-18. I know these units rely heavily on the RR database. But if I know the frequency for a small local airport, a business, or military aircraft in the area, is it possible to program in that frequency without using the Search feature and waiting until a transmission is heard? I don't know if these frequencies would be in the RR database. I looked at the RR database on the web site and couldn't find the frequency used by the nearest airport. I also skimmed through the PRO-18 manual from the RS web site but didn't see this situation addressed.

If a PSR-800 owner could let me know the answer, I would appreciate it.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
But if I know the frequency for a small local airport, a business, or military aircraft in the area, is it possible to program in that frequency without using the Search feature and waiting until a transmission is heard? .

Yes, you can. I entered a lot of Ham repeater frequencies that way. You can do it with the software package in the "conventional" tag and then upload them to the scanner. Not difficult to do at all.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Yeah any actual programming you want to do with the 800 is really all EZScan => upload. Actually makes it a lot easier than fuddling with weird menus and a little keypad in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.