PSR-800 PRVT Wildcard issue with Balto City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone in the Baltimore area tried to add a Private Wildcard in the Radio ID Details tab of the EZ Scan software v. 1.05 for the Baltimore City TRS? I was able to add the Private Wildcard for the Baltimore County TRS, but when I try doing the same thing for Baltimore City, the software seems to just ignore my input.

Just trying to see if it's me or a glitch in the software--this wouldn't be the first time a Balto City / Balto County glitch has occured.

Thanks,

troymail

Silent Key
Has anyone in the Baltimore area tried to add a Private Wildcard in the Radio ID Details tab of the EZ Scan software v. 1.05 for the Baltimore City TRS? I was able to add the Private Wildcard for the Baltimore County TRS, but when I try doing the same thing for Baltimore City, the software seems to just ignore my input.

Just trying to see if it's me or a glitch in the software--this wouldn't be the first time a Balto City / Balto County glitch has occured.

Thanks,

Sounds like a bug -- no reason why it would not work for both / all.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Troy-

That's what I'm thinking, too... probably not worth a GRE Support ticket, but I may make them aware if they want to add it to the list o' things, when they release a software update.

Interestingly enough, it was your comment about Private/Talkgroup Wildcards in the New Baltimore County P25 thread that got me going on the whole wildcard thing, and how it can be used to find new, undocumented RIDs and TGIDs.

Thanks very much,

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Ticket #27399

I took your advice... will see what they say. They were lightening fast the last time I contacted them, even though I set the priority to low.

JoeyC

A lot of reading by GRE, not a lot of correcting - as far as the 800 and EZ scan goes....

Interestingly enough I tried to add a radio ID to the Baltimore City system in the software and everytime I do it creates it twice. But trying to delete one copy deletes them both. Then doing the same thing in other TRSs I have in my configuration does not make duplicates. Screwy.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Joey-

Yes, I think that's precisely what the EZ Scan software did the first time I loaded the system, and tried to put a private wildcard in... now, it just won't add the wildcard in at all. I also got some wierd error message, but only the first time I tried to enter the private wildcard. Now it just ignores my attempts, and grays out the option until I change tabs.

I doubt the problem is enough to merit a new version of the software, but I hope that they'll incorporate the fix in whatever next version they release.

Thanks,

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Try this...

A lot of reading by GRE, not a lot of correcting - as far as the 800 and EZ scan goes....

Interestingly enough I tried to add a radio ID to the Baltimore City system in the software and everytime I do it creates it twice. But trying to delete one copy deletes them both. Then doing the same thing in other TRSs I have in my configuration does not make duplicates. Screwy.

Joey-

Reminding me about the double talkgroup thing made me go back and play with the software... You may have fixed the problem for both of us--at least it worked for me. Like you, this only happens on the Baltimore City TRS. Here are the steps I took:

1. Select the Baltimore City system, and then, in the Radio ID Details tab, click on NEW to add a new RID--use any number. The software will add two RIDs.

2. Then, click on ADD WILDCARD to get a new private wildcard--the software will put up two private wildcards.

3. Now select the first RID, and click on the DELETE button--all four items will be deleted. (Yes, I know it's wierd, but keep going.)

4. Lastly, click on ADD WILDCARD once more to add a private wildcard--this time, the private wildcard should come up as normal.

Clearly, the software isn't supposed to work this way, but this series of steps got it working. I have a ticket in with GRE support--they are, as always, extremely fast to respond. They haven't been able to reproduce the problem, though.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
GRE listens...

Looks like the latest CPU has fixed the PVT Wildcard issue as well as the Moto 3600 Encrypted talkgroup functionality. Makes me love the PSR-800 a little more...

Many thanks GRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.