PSR-800 Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Gentlemen and ladies...I just recently received my new PSR-800 (upgraded from the PSR-500). I have to say I'm really enjoying it, especially the unlimited amount of memory with the micro SD card (I actually ran out of memory on the PSR-500 ahortly after alpha-tagging all the Radio ID's on a county TRS).

Reception is excellent. I'm using the radioshack 800 MHz antenna and the PSR-500 antenna. The PSR-800 stock antenna receives well, but reception is better within the specific bands I need with the others.

Now for question #1...and yes, I've searched and searched and can't figure it out. One a conventional digital frequency the display alternates between the NAC and the RID. Is there a way to alpha tag the RID's on conventional digital frequencies? I have it done on the trunked systems, but can't find any option for conventional.

Second and last question...I'm monitoring a county TRS (Motorola UHF Smartzone) which uses two simulcast sites (North and South). I had the PSR-500 set up with all control channels together and the option set to "roam." In other words, once the signal dropped below a certain threshold, it would search the frequencies and lock on to the next control channel that met the threshold.

I noticed with EZScan you can put multiple sites under one system. So, I could program the county TRS with two sites under the same system. It also has a section below the sites for "multi site settings" similar to the "roam" feature with the PSR-500. Should I program it this way, or like I had the PSR-500 (all control channels under one site). I don't want it to scan through the second site until the first site drops below a threshold.

For example...I tried programming an EDACS system using the multiple sites and it would lock scan all sites it could find a control channel on. I wound up changing it to single sites to avoid this.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey60

No, there's no way to alpha tag radio IDs on conventional frequencies.

The PSR-800 only has the ROAM style multi-site mode. It does not have the STAT mode. Programming in both sites should get a similar function as the PSR-500 in Roam mode.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.