PSR-800 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Is there any way to lock in a control channel and listen to it (to figure out if you are getting enough signal to trunk) other than programming all the CCs as convention channels and stepping thru them to find an active one?
All other scanners will stop on the CC if you hit MANUAL, or at least allow you to scroll through and sit on one.

This is a big annoyance, because when trying to trunk a distant system it is impossible to sit on this CC and move the scanner around or try different antennas to get the most bars to get a clean signal.

scosgt

you can hit Sel while a transmission is going and it will pause it on that freq.

I know, but that is not the question!
The question is, is there some way to find the CC in the scanner and lock onto it.

The radio will never pause on the CC because it is data, not a voice transmission.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
Go to main menu, select Browse Objects. Scroll to the system you want to work with then hit the SEL (select button).You will be able to see the signal strength then. If you have more than one control channel programmed in it will search for the best one. You still cant see the control channel itself but you can see the signal strength.

scosgt

Thanks, that worked! The one thing that needs to be mentioned, I have some conventional freqs programmed on top of the list for each of my trunked systems. Need to scroll down to a TG then press select. Works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.