PSR-800 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvmym8

Got the new scanner today and have a few questions:

1) The software CD will not load on my PC. It gives me an error code 740. What to do? I googled it, and all i see is various pc cleaner downloads that are not free and i don't know if they will take care of this or not.

2) The manual says that when you do an update via the pc, the scanner has to be connected to an external power source. it says it will not work on the battery power. The external ac adapters use the usb port, so how am i supposed to connect to the pc and an ac adapter at the same time?

3) If I have a specific frequency i want to put in that is not in the pre-programmed list, how do i enter it manually?

troymail

Silent Key
External power is delivered via the USB cable so while you are plugged in to perform updates to the scanner, you are on external power from the PC

Manually programming a frequency generally requires programming it into EZ Scan software first and then transferring the programming to the radio/SD card.

For a conventional frequency, you can get it programmed via a "search" - set up a search with a small range for the frequency you are trying to program - when the frequency is active, you can hit MENU (I think) and store the searched/found frequency.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can, but that's really cumbersome and only works if people are transmitting on that in your area. Actually, I'm now going to move my subsequent gripe to the firmware requests thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.