PSR-800 scan list issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpolo

Premium Subscriber
I have had this scanner for quite a while and am just now getting around to using it. I got all of my scan lists setup (8 of them)

Each scan list has a local set of agencies etc.. my question is why when I disable all but one scan list (scan list 1) for example does it play all of the other scan lists I have in the config as well? Even if they're disabled....

SCPD

QRT
Yes, my 106 does the same. I turn off the banks I don't want to hear, BUT ! it will still scan the departments that are programed . this is normal.

N8IAA

That is because all scan lists default to Scan List 1. You have to go into the software and put all the agencies that you do not want in Scan List 1 into their respective Scan Lists. Learned that the hard way too:)
Larry

jcpolo

Premium Subscriber
That is because all scan lists default to Scan List 1. You have to go into the software and put all the agencies that you do not want in Scan List 1 into their respective Scan Lists. Learned that the hard way too:)
Larry

Larry,

I was very meticulous when creating my scan lists and I did notice that while importing the frequencies via the software it wanted to default to scan list 1, I would un check what I didn't want to go there and put them in the appropriate scan list. I only have 45 items in scan list one and when all are disabled but scan list 1 it still takes a good minuite or two to load all of the objects before it will start scanning and like I said before it will pick up items that are not in scan list 1.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
You may have the scan set set so that all scanllists are active even though you only want to scan one scan list. There is a setting in the software to adjust that, I'm not on my computer with the software right now to tell you how to reset it.

IowaGuy1603

Larry,

I was very meticulous when creating my scan lists and I did notice that while importing the frequencies via the software it wanted to default to scan list 1, I would un check what I didn't want to go there and put them in the appropriate scan list. I only have 45 items in scan list one and when all are disabled but scan list 1 it still takes a good minuite or two to load all of the objects before it will start scanning and like I said before it will pick up items that are not in scan list 1.

In the above...................scan lists #2 & #6 would be the only scan lists that would scan

As long as that is what you upload to the scanner

jcpolo

Premium Subscriber

In the above...................scan lists #2 & #6 would be the only scan lists that would scan

As long as that is what you upload to the scanner

The above example is exactly what I have but I only have the 1st scan list selected... in my case it is my local city as the name. there is a tick box in default and enabled. the rest are disabled.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if you have to save that info/your settings to archive before you close it out but I usually do when making any changes.

Also, are you writing that info to the SD card when you make changes? It won't be set-up that way unless you do. Otherwise, you have to manually select each scan list from the unit menu itself when you turn it on.

The "scan set" option could also be a reason. I'm not exactly certain how that works or what it does but I don't use that feature so I left it at the default setting and haven't had an issues.

Hopefully this makes sense and more importantly, helps.

jcpolo

Premium Subscriber
I've definitely been saving to archive and uploading to the SD card. I'll check into the scan set option as I've never seen or touched that one... I have the radio shack "pro-107" and don't have any of these issues and its the same software so thats why I'm so puzzled here.

jcpolo

Premium Subscriber
ok I was able to figure my issue out and it was with the scan sets... for some reason I was not able to disable the scan sets feature (even though its disabled in the settings part of the radio and doesn't show up in the software at all)

If I have all of the scan sets unchecked regardless of the scan lists I have checked it won't scan anything. If I check scan set 1 it makes me select the scan lists I want under the scan set... seems kind of redundant doesn't it?

I don't know why I have to select the scan lists I want to listen to in two different places but thats apparently what you have to do each time you want to change lists...

Anyone know how to disable these scan sets so I can just select the scan lists I want and thats all?

SCPD

QRT
Make your scanLISTS your towns or Agencies like say Coast guard.....
Your scanSETs - the SETs of LISTS you want to listen to at a particular time.
The default scanLIST must be because the scanner needs a place to put freuencies when you dont assign them,I named mine UNASSIGNED FREQUENCIES.

W3DMV

The only other thing you might try:
Using the software, click on the "Advanced features tab", at the upper
right hand corner is a box "Scan set modes" Make sure the correct
mode is selected. If you change this setting, re-load your SD card again
and see how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.