WS1080: PSR-800 scanlist vs WS-1080 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknishun

My original GRE PSR-800 is at Whistler repair facility for the upgrade to a WS-1080. They did not want the micro SD card to be sent in, only the scanner. I have successfully installed the new Whistler EZ Scan software on my pc and it seems to work great.

Question: What happens to all my old scan lists on the PSR-800 micro SD? Can I simply plug that SD into the newly converted WS-1080 or do I have to start all over again from scratch and rebuild each scan list manually using the Whistler EZ Scan software?

Does anyone yet have their PSR-800 back from Whistler after being converted?

W3DMV

You should be able to make it work. I
have three different model Whistler units
and no problem using the same card in
any of them.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I got an email today saying mine was on the way. It included instructions for the SD card. Great turn around-I sent it in on 6-2,

markn455

Premium Subscriber
When they send your radio back you will receive this email:

You have a package on the way with your updated unit, but we wanted to get these back to you so quickly that we left out the instruction sheet from your return package. Please see the instructions below for you to use when you get your unit back.

1) Download the WS1080 EZ Scan Programming software from www.whistlergroup.com and install
2) Check for PC app update
3) Check for CPU update
4) Check for DSP update
5) Copy Configuration from Scanner Memory/SD card
6) From the Global Settings tab > Click on Restore Factory Defaults (Resets global values to match scanner)
7) From the Advanced Features tab > Display Options > Click on Signal Bar Default Values button for the desired model
8) Set user selectable options in the Whistler EZ Scan handheld Digital PC app as desired
9) Check for Library Update and update to the latest file then Copy new library files to your Scanner SD card
10) Copy Configuration To Scanner Memory/SD Card

Your Scanner upgrade is now complete and up to date; please use the Whistler EZ Scan Handheld Digital PC app
Whistler

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Scanner back!

I got mine back earlier this week. I had already prepared the card from the email and was ready to go after I added a DMR system. The DMR audio quality is as good as my DMR radio, and everything else went smoothly. My PSR 800 goes in Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.