PSR-800 service search question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobross

I must be missing something simple, but... When I do service scan, I get several hits but the 800 does not add them to the scan list. (the one selected under the settings menu). Is there a "auto store" on and off?

Thanks
Bob

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Service search doesn't do that, it just searches defined ranges. Under the "search" menu you would use "Spectrum Sweeper" or "Limit Search" to do that, but I haven't really tried it and when I did once I didn't find anything, but that might just be peculiar to my area. Anyway, read the manual for the full skinny.

bobross

Hi Ed, thanks for the reply.

From the manual under the section of "Searching" "...When the PSR-800ʼs search modes find a new active frequency, you have the option to store it to the default Scanlist,...

I guess my question is where do I set the option.

Bob

scannerfreak

Database Admin
When you hit Menu>Store, it will store it to the default scanlist. So after you hit store, look there. You can then edit the options like scanlist, alpha tag, etc. There is no auto store option. You can change the default scanlist to which ever scanlist you would like.

Last edited:

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
From the manual under the section of "Searching" "...When the PSR-800ʼs search modes find a new active frequency, you have the option to store it to the default Scanlist,...

Well I checked the service search section and you are right, it does say you can save a hit with service search as well. You have to hit "menu" while the station is playing, then select save from the resulting menu. At least that's what the manual says but I haven't actually tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.