PSR-800 settings for encryption noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Premium Subscriber
Actually I think the trick may be to turn "use status bits" off. I believe if you have that turned on the scanner will treat all variations of status bits as the same talkgroup. What I am suggesting you try is turn the status bits off and then program in the talkgroup + status bit for encryption in and see if the scanner will then stop on that talkgroup. May not work but is something to try.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
John-

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion makes good sense, and looking at the EZ Scan software, it looks like that's what you need to do, but... no joy.

There is a Motorola status bits section to the software that allows you to "Use" or "Ignore" the status bits, just as you suggest. But it doesn't seem to work with encrypted, +8 bits talkgroups. My next test will be to try using other status bits combos: +2 Emergency, +15 Multiselect, and see if those talkgroups are recognized when status bits are used.

The GRE support team--who are really fast and responsive--seem to indicate that the PSR-800 just ignores 3600bps encrypted talkgroups, regardless of status bit settings. That's a bit disappointing, since even my PRO-96--which also ignores encrypted talkgroups while scanning, will play the raw encrypted audio if you hold on the talkgroup. I would think the functionality of the PSR-800 would be at least the same.

Thanks for your suggestion--will keep testing with other status bits to see if they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.