PSR-800 Site ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is a great scanner. I have my scanner set up to report system and site name (line 4 advanced display options). A majority of the time it displays the wrong site. Some that are 200 miles away. This cannot be possible with a rubber duck in a basement. It does not affect scanner operation in any way, just a annoyance I guess. Does anyone else experience this? I am scanning a APCO-25 digital simulcast system in Minnesota (ARMER). Thanks, Jim

IowaGuy1603

Mine will show pretty much any site on a area wide (Racom) network.............much the same as yours.

I can be in the Waterloo Ia area listening to the network(and listening to Waterloo PD) and get a Rockford Ill site on the scanner.

mikey60

That would be an indication that the distant site in question probably shares a frequency with the local site you are receiving. It's not unusual on a wide area system. I see the same thing on the MPSCS here in Michigan if I have all of those sites loaded.

Mike

troymail

Silent Key
I too once thought I was receiving long distance but then realized one of the frequencies used for a County in Maryland was also used by Delaware. I thought I was picking up Delaware but it was really Montgomery County Maryland

jackj

My 800 regularly reports that it is receiving a tower on Indiana's state-wide system when I have that scan list turned on. I'm about 250 miles away from that tower. The scanner doesn't know what site it is picking up, just the name you program in.

matthewn1983

I havent got that far into mine yet, but can that be solved by including the NAC of the control channels? A system 25miles away with 420.000mhz with a NAC of 100 could be determined easier, then a site 250miles away with 420.000mhz and a NAC of 121?

What I have found that works is to lock out all the sites that I can not possibly receive. Trunked radio systems tab then site details. This of course would not work for someone who travels a lot but, then again this is where v-scanner folders and different sdram cards could help.......

Status
Not open for further replies.