PSR 800 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Well, Now that the GRE support site is officially down, where are we suppose to get the software. I can't find my disk nor can I find any download on the web. Does anyone have any ideas?

jackj

Hmmm....who does maintenance on their web site in the middle of the day? Unless it's broken or down? I hope I'm wrong but it looks to me like Ronnie has it right.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Well, Now that the GRE support site is officially down, where are we suppose to get the software. I can't find my disk nor can I find any download on the web. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you ever find the software? I have a copy in my scanner folder. If you still need it, I could upload it to my website and provide a link for download.

DJ11DLN

Did you ever find the software? I have a copy in my scanner folder. If you still need it, I could upload it to my website and provide a link for download.

I for one be thankful if you would, now that the main GRE site is apparently not going to offer it for the time being. I'm trying to buy a PSR-800 from a friend who no longer uses it. He never really got it working properly (and has since lost interest) and what's holding things up is that he can't find the disc...doesn't want to sell it incomplete. That's very considerate of him but I really want to nail this down before he changes his mind, and if I could find my own copy of EZ-SCAN, well...

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I for one be thankful if you would, now that the main GRE site is apparently not going to offer it for the time being. I'm trying to buy a PSR-800 from a friend who no longer uses it. He never really got it working properly (and has since lost interest) and what's holding things up is that he can't find the disc...doesn't want to sell it incomplete. That's very considerate of him but I really want to nail this down before he changes his mind, and if I could find my own copy of EZ-SCAN, well...

Ok, I'll get it uploaded and post the link after work today.

jackj

Gentlemen, may I make a suggestion? --- Backup your Backup ---
I have two copies of every program I consider important, one on an SD card and one on either a CD or a portable HD. Some few programs have Backups of the Backup of the Backup. I've gotten caught more than once with a flaky HD and no backups. Not gonna happen again!

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have two copies of every program I consider important, one on an SD card and one on either a CD or a portable HD. Some few programs have Backups of the Backup of the Backup. I've gotten caught more than once with a flaky HD and no backups. Not gonna happen again!

I can't agree more. I always make an image of every software disc. You just never know. I also keep all my radio software in my scanner folder of my flash drive.

DJ11DLN

Excellent suggestion and something I also do religiously. If I'd had a copy in the first place, it would have been on at least 3 drives around here, as my copy of iScan for my Pro-18 is. The copy so kindly posted for those without has been so backed up. External storage is cheap.

Unfortunately, for me, it won't do much good...my prospective seller found his disc at last, decided to give it one last try, finally figured out how to program his PSR-800, is now thoroughly hooked, and of course no longer wants to sell his scanner. Well, I'll keep looking...

DonS

The updates are out of a totally separate computer....................DonS owns that system

He has stated several times on this forum that it will continue until the contract runs out

Multiple systems involved... I own the PC (typing on it now) that sucks data down from RR, converts it to the format used by the GRE scanners, and FTPs it to the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps.

I do NOT own the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps. That was owned by GRE America. As of this writing (13:40 MDT 14 Jun 2014), that server is still available.

IowaGuy1603

Multiple systems involved... I own the PC (typing on it now) that sucks data down from RR, converts it to the format used by the GRE scanners, and FTPs it to the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps.

I do NOT own the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps. That was owned by GRE America. As of this writing (13:40 MDT 14 Jun 2014), that server is still available.

I misunderstood your explanation before----------------any idea what is going to happen there?

Status
Not open for further replies.