PSR-800 - Stored Sweeper and Stored Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I continue to see advertisements of the PSR-800 w/ a line of the display showing "Stored Sweeper". I remember back when I used to have a PSR-500 that you could store sweeper and search objects and include them in the scan list, allowing you to scan, search, and sweep all at the same time (consecutively). I haven't seen those options in the PSR-800 software and was wondering if indeed those options are present in the PSR-800. Would anyone have this info? Thanks.

mikey60

No, they are not present as scanable objects like they are in the PSR-500.

The reference you may be seeing is when a found search or sweeper channel is stored in the scanner. I don't recall the default alpha tag, but it may be something similar to that.

Mike

petrol88

Do not believe the advertising. It also says "Simply enter zip code..." but that isn't possible, either.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Okay, thanks. Here's the picture I was referring to:

GRE_PSR-800.jpg

Gilligan

Database Admin
So I guess that when you're using the sweeper and come across a freq and tone, you can choose to save it, which it does w/ the default alpha tag. Does it give you an option as to which scanlist to add it to?

And I guess the same would apply to freqs found during searches?

mikey60

Once stored, you can then navigate to that object and press the MENU key. You can edit many of the properties of that object there, including the scanlist memberships, LED/Backlight settings, and alpha tag.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.