PSR-800 Unidentified TG Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Has anyone determined a way to have the PSR-800 record unidentified talk groups on a trunked system without the need to use a wildcard and sit there pressing skip on all of the talk groups that are known?

greenthumb

Database Admin
Okay, so if I put all of the known talk groups into a scan list along with the wildcard, then mark all of the known talk groups as 'skip', will that accomplish what i'm looking to do?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yep, or lock them out. Then you will only get hits on new talkgroups. You can even chose to only record the wildcard talkgroup and no other talkgroups.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Okay, i'll give that a shot. It just stinks to skip or lock them out because it does that across all scan lists! Per-scan list lockout/skip would be nice :)

Anyway, thanks for the help!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Are you talking about a multi-site system? How do you have it setup with multiple scan lists for the talkgroups?

greenthumb

Database Admin
It is multi-site (2 sites), but i'm just using one site since the coverage is pretty much the same for both where i'm at.

For instance, I want one scan list for police and one for fire so that I don't have to listen to both if I don't want to, so I just put the PD talk groups into one list and the fire talk groups into another. With this search & record thing i'm doing on the system, I would need to duplicate the system and PD/FD talk groups to keep the ability to monitor the PD and FD talk groups in a separate scan list without needing to go back and un-skip everything I skip during search & record. Convoluted, but I guess it's a workaround-

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yeah, just set it up as its own system in its own scanlist.That way you can turn it on and off as you need to.

The duplicate button makes that a breeze to do :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.