PSR 800 UniTrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to dump control channels via usb, and stream audio from the discrim tap/headphone jack at the same time?
Or perhaps there is a setting I missed that allows one to listen to audio while dumping ccdata via usb only.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You do realize that the only audio you'd be listening to while actually monitoring CC data via the PC/IF is actual control channel audio?

I don't think what you want to do is possible.

If you use Search to find a control channel, it's IF audio will come out over the SP or HP (or both SP/HP) and you can listen to it. But, in Search mode there will be no PC/IF data.

If you add a trunked site to a scanlist and scan that scanlist, PC/IF data will flow -- However, there will be no CC audio (raw or otherwise) dumped over SP/HP. The only audio you'd hear is analog audio or decoded digital audio when a particular talkgroup is active [and then you wouldn't get the PC/IF data while the talkgroup is active].

Mike

Thanks. Yeah I tried sending the if data via headphone jack to a signal analyzer and duplicated the feed to the pro96com software and was only able to get raw audio with dumped ccs. You would need open source code for the radio itself or perhaps winradio source to then decrypt it based on the specific system. In my free time I will attempt to reverse engineer the software, but this may take a few weeks.

SCPD

QRT
To get voice audio and control data at the same time requires two receivers. No amount of firmware hacking will change that. Most consumer scanners don't have dual VCO tuners.

You might look at GNU radio with a USRP but you're still tethered to a PC.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
To get voice audio and control data at the same time requires two receivers. No amount of firmware hacking will change that. Most consumer scanners don't have dual VCO tuners.

You might look at GNU radio with a USRP but you're still tethered to a PC.

I somewhat misinterpreted what the OP asked or I would have told him the same. But, oddly enough, thanks to the lack of a "Tune" or "Analyze" function, you can't sit on a CC and obtain both the raw audio from the discriminator and the PC/IF data. Not sure why one would want to -- except to maybe compare how well the scanner is natively decoding the control channel data vs how well UT [or some other trunking program using discriminator audio] can decode it. It'd be interesting to be able to have two instances of UT running, one monitoring a CC using the PC/IF data and one using discriminator audio -- but both coming from the same scanner.

M

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I have my 800 feeding unitrunker from the headphone jack and pro 96 com from the pc if mini usb jack. It works fine sitting on a cc !

Yeah I was a couple hours from completion of the program when I noticed I had rolled back some sound drivers during an unrelated issue and suddenly it worked. Pissed but I decided to finish it anyway. Its like they say, if you want a decent radio, you have to build it and program it yourself from ground up, granted you are working on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.