PSR 800 update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

code6

Premium Subscriber
Anybody having a problem updating the 800. When I try to update the library I get a error message
saying there was a problem accessing the update from the internet and shows ??? for the update
version.Any ideas.I also can not access any of the other updates.

Last edited:

MORSEMAN

Premium Subscriber
Library update problem

I had a similar problem. See post of 10-2-2011. My problem occurred suddenly on 3 (one Win 7, 2 Win Vista) computers running Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security. After running the update perfectly for 6 months they all stopped allowing the update on the same day. I had to turn off the malicious website blocker temporarily to get it to work. Another computer running Kaspersky flagged it as suspicious but allowed it and a Win XP running Microsoft security suite had no problem.
So my problem downloading updates to the PSR 800 software was caused by a Trend Micro download of new definitions on 10-1-2011. I still have to temporarily turn off the malicious website blocker to get it to work with Trend Micro Titanium.
Interestingly when I tried adding the 2 update URL's to the exception list it seemed to allow the update but would not actually load the update, so my only out is to turn off the malicious website blocker temporarily.
I hope this helps.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I have had no such trouble with Microsoft Security Essentials, which local service folks and computer radio show hosts are now recommending over other packages if you have Windows Vista or 7. When I switched over from Kaspersky my subjective computer speed immediately doubled. And if anything goes wrong you can blame MS as usual, but it looks like they bought out a winner with MSE. Free, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.